[NL2-NL10] TT NL5 Zoom calldown.

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      i like my odds here throughout flop, turn and river.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $4.93
      SB: $5.37
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $4.69
      UTG+1: $4.63
      MP: $5.57
      MP+1: $4.98
      LP: $4.12
      Hero (CO): $5.26

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has T:spade: T:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.77, 2 players) 3:diamond: 8:diamond: 5:spade:
      UTG+1 bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.47, 2 players) 4:heart:
      UTG+1 bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

River: ($2.97, 2 players) 9:spade:
      UTG+1 bets $1.15, Hero calls $1.15

UTG+1 shows J:club: A:spade: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 43%, Flop 26%, Turn 23%)
      Hero shows T:spade: T:heart: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 57%, Flop 74%, Turn 77%)
      Hero wins $5.05
  • 5 replies
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      I would not 3-bet my TT against a EP raise on a full ring table. You turning your hand into a bluff pre-flop as you not calling a 4-bet I presume?

I'll probably re-raise the flop for protection against AK, AQ, etc and not to bleed more money against JJ+.

As played I'll probably fold to the second barrel as I think TT is no good in most cases.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      no i disagree, as i may not be calling a 4 bet with TT, still doesnt mean i cant add value to the pot preflop and get from 22-99, AQ AJ KQ type hands. A min raise is just too small for me to call with such a strong hand in that spot. i wont call too many 4 bets with QQ preflop, but does that mean i should never 3 bet them?

as played on the flop he donks out less than half pot size bet. easy call. the argument could even be made for raising there, but i want him to continue his bluff on the next street.

the turn is an easy call. again he continues to fire with half pot size bet. raising could be done on this turn as well...lots of gutshots and FD's will want to see the river. he might even check to me on the river if i raise the turn and we get a free showdown.

the river completes many draws and most of the low PP's have made their sets. however the flush draw (best draw availible) did not get there and theres still lots of high card hands which will try to steal the pot with a 1/3 size bet on the river. i am calling this everytime.

magic.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Nah, I like your play. His line obviously doesn't make sense and at the same time we are getting very good odds. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Termi8r
      I would not 3-bet my TT against a EP raise on a full ring table. You turning your hand into a bluff pre-flop as you not calling a 4-bet I presume?

I'll probably re-raise the flop for protection against AK, AQ, etc and not to bleed more money against JJ+.

As played I'll probably fold to the second barrel as I think TT is no good in most cases.
      Sorry I fail...didn't see it was min raised preflop.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      yeah and he cant even disguise his AA KK QQ type hands by min raising here preflop, because he would have limp/raised me with any of those hands i feel. and if he does 4 bet me obviously i have an easy decision- fold to his AA-QQ type range with a few odd bluffs as well in his range, but mostly he will have the goods when 4 betting.