It has been awhile... Back to the hypers with SNE plan

• richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Hey it has been a long time, not sure how many people remember my old blog here it is anyway.

Going semi pro baby!out with ST's in with MTT's ($10-$215BI's)

I have come a long way since then. Last year I focused mainly on my course and achieved good grades, I played a little poker, mainly mtts and binked around 20ks worth of profit.

I am now about to finish my 2nd year of uni and question marks are beginning to arise on whether or not I want to be a fulltime pro. I have lost all interest in my degree and feel a job in this area would not satisfy me. So I am going to take a year out to try poker again :) .

Recent Developments

So after coming back from Vegas in September I had successfully blew all my bankroll and savings... only 21 once right? So I came back to Liverpool for study and was not too bothered about poker or making much money. Then I broke up with my girlfriend and boredom set in. I began playing online poker again. Mainly on Eurosites because they are softer. I made a little profit here and there but nothing that was going to set me up. I really wanted to get back into hypers but the only site offering descent ones were pokerstars. I have always hated stars sngs because of how reg fested they were. But nothing else seemed appealing anywhere else, so 6 weeks ago I deposited $200 on to try out the $7 hypers. It was not glamorous at first, I broke even for 000s of games and was close to quiting. But I am never one to let a game beat me, I figured out ways of beating regs, which definitely helped my winrate. I quickly moved up to $15 then on to $30. Which is where I am at now. I hope to make 100s soon but 30s are nice to me atm.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That is my last 6 weeks worth of grinding. I finish uni after this month and I intend to focus all my attention on moving even further up. I am also close to supernova and have not cashed any of my fpps because I am just going to take the 4k lump some. If I get to the 100s soon, I will think about a SNE plan...but one step at a time. I had 200 bucks to my name 6weeks ago...I love you poker!

Peace
  • 11 replies
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      16k sngs in 6 weeks?? thats pretty sweet grinding!!
      what games do you play? 9man, 6ma, hu?? how many tables do you play??
      playing HU and 6max hypers atm but only micro stakes unfortunately..need a lot more volume to be able to move up in hypers.
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qnb07
      16k sngs in 6 weeks?? thats pretty sweet grinding!!
      what games do you play? 9man, 6ma, hu?? how many tables do you play??
      playing HU and 6max hypers atm but only micro stakes unfortunately..need a lot more volume to be able to move up in hypers.
      I play 6mans. And thank you, where I lack in ability I hope I make up with solid work ethic.
    • OarrO
      OarrO
      Bronze
      thats pretty impressive i started playing hypers a week ago only doing the $1.50s but bank roll is steadily going up!

How many tables do you play at a time?

And also what was the biggest difference you noticed moving up levels? The biggest thing i noticed is people become way more aggressive towards the blinds at the $15 and the $30.
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OarrO
      thats pretty impressive i started playing hypers a week ago only doing the $1.50s but bank roll is steadily going up!

How many tables do you play at a time?

And also what was the biggest difference you noticed moving up levels? The biggest thing i noticed is people become way more aggressive towards the blinds at the $15 and the $30.
      More regs for sure... not necessarily good regs though. I feel I have successfully adapted to each limit. I just made subtle differences to my strat along the way.
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Subscribed obv. You're a sick beast.

(Fix your siggy!)
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Originally posted by richard1817
      I am now about to finish my 2nd year of uni and question marks are beginning to arise on whether or not I want to be a fulltime pro. I have lost all interest in my degree and feel a job in this area would not satisfy me. So I am going to take a year out to try poker again :) .
      Dropouts gonna dropout
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze

So the last week have been pretty average. I have barely played as well because I have exams next week. Although my revision has been lacking.

I will keep volume up so I can reach supernova, for the quarterly 1mil freeroll.

Also I play around 9-12 tables continuously depending on what mood I am in.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Sick volume. Gonna follow this. GL man
    • grindtolive
      grindtolive
      Global
      Ofc i am gonna follow.How you made 16k in 6 weeks?30 tables continuously?
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      thanks guys ^^^

Not played much that last couple of days. Again still revising for my exams next week.

Been focusing on the gym alot lately though, my summer aim is to get fit enough to be able to start boxing training again and hopefully enter some competitions (really miss that competitive feeling).

Pokerwise once may 1st hits I am going to get my grind on. 600 games a day is the aim. Should hopefully have supernova before the 5th of may so I can enter the 1mil freeroll. Also had a nice treat this morning when I realised I had a battle of the planets ticket, apparently finished in the top 10 a couple of weeks ago...ship it :) .

Mays projected figures
      Based on
      -25days to be played
      -600 games per day
      -$30 limit

15000 games total to be played
      Total VPPs: 96,600
      Approx fpps: 289,800
      Approx value: $6,600 (will be just short of 200k milestone which is 2.6k)

I am running at 3% over my sample size at the moment. But i will be prudent and give myself a 2% roi. Which is $8640.

Mays forecast: $15,240

Big target I know. I also know how bad it is to set money targets like this, but me personally it excites and drives me... some people it has the opposite effect especially if they don't reach them targets.

These figures could also be subjected to me moving up to 100s, stayed tuned and lets see how much of this falls into place.
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze

Had a sick month so far and finally dragged myself out of a major downer. Close to 160BIs. Probably going to play a few more 00 then have a couple of days off before the super grind next month. In the meantime I will play the battle of the planets and hopefully cash big in that :D .