[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 25 AA 4bet or flat BBvsSB?

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

CO: $25.00 -
      BTN: $12.09 -
      SB: $25.00 -
      Hero (BB): $25.00 -
      UTG: $32.35 -
      MP: $8.95 -

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A :heart: A :club:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.30, SB raises to $6.25, Hero raises to $25, 1 fold

Villain 75% reg did not have stats atm of the hand.

Don't know what is the best option in this spot:
      -If I shove he is calling all his pairs/AQ+ hands (or he should) so I get max value vs those hands.

-If I call I keep in his bluffs and weak hands and should get a few cbets vs those hands, but I also lose value vs all his pairs/ high cards that either miss or go down on value (overcards to their pair)

With AA I'm more inclined to call as very few flops are bad for me, but with KK/QQ/AK I almost always shove vs regs as these are hands that have most value preflop. Any adjustements?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

As long he doesn't know you either you could easily even flat the 4bet and keep his whole range in the pot. Of course it looks strong but he doesn't know either that you are a thinking player.

Best Regards.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If he looks like a reg you shove all day long.

What's interesting is he made it so big and folded to a shove. Knowing this I'm inclined to 3bet/5bet a lot of hands BvB from now on vs him if he keeps this sizing because there's a lot of dead money put in by him. :f_cool:
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      If he looks like a reg you shove all day long.

What's interesting is he made it so big and folded to a shove. Knowing this I'm inclined to 3bet/5bet a lot of hands BvB from now on vs him if he keeps this sizing because there's a lot of dead money put in by him. :f_cool:
      Agree with this. Was unexpected to see him folding here, made the note right after that :f_grin: