This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QJo 7.04.

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      SB: $10.68 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 16, 3B: 8, AF: 4.0, Hands: 182
      BB: $9.85 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 2, 3B: 2, AF: 0.1, Hands: 159
      CO: $10.24 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 4.3, Hands: 44
      Hero (BTN): $12.65 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 4.1, Hands: 82911

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with Q :club: J :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.25, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.85) 9 :diamond: J :heart: J :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.75, BB calls $0.75

Turn: ($2.35) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.20, BB calls $2.20

River: ($6.75) A :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

I think I just felt that the river sucks big time that is why I bet. I put him on KK+ preflop so that is why my raise sizes are almost pot size.What do you think would you bet the river?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Especially if you are putting him on such a range then it's difficult to get value anyways on the river from a lot worse. Unless we expect him to float with AK flop & turn.

But myself I guess I would still just ship the river. :D We might not even able to put him on directly KK/AA here anyways, we might also include AK type of hands which just see weakness in your small raise preflop.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Especially if you are putting him on such a range then it's difficult to get value anyways on the river from a lot worse. Unless we expect him to float with AK flop & turn.

But myself I guess I would still just ship the river. :D We might not even able to put him on directly KK/AA here anyways, we might also include AK type of hands which just see weakness in your small raise preflop.

Best Regards.
      Well, I sometimes listen to some bells of mine which provocates and says hold on! I kinda trust this instinct. Do you also have something in this direction?is it wrong that influences me? This time it saved me(AA). :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      In those spots yes but not in those spots where you sometimes Call like a station-floater. :D And try to overplay the opponent.