Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

SB: $44.82 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 27, 3B: 21, AF: 4.0, Hands: 64
      BB: $38.32 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 18, 3B: 12, AF: 4.3, Hands: 188
      UTG: $20.47 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 5, 3B: 9, AF: 0.0, Hands: 22
      Hero (MP): $26.70 -
      CO: $25.00 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 2, AF: 3.3, Hands: 171
      BTN: $25.00 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 15, 3B: 12, AF: 2.7, Hands: 181

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with A :club: A :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.87, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.87, SB raises to $3.58, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.71, 1 fold

Flop: ($8.28) J :club: 9 :heart: 6 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $5.22, Hero raises to $23.12, SB folds

Final Pot: $18.72

Decided to flat pre because I'd expect SB to have wide range here, can't say super wide because of the sample size.

On the flop I don't think raising to any other amount is better, even if I minraise I only have 1/3 pot left on the turn ( can this be better to extract value from all his marginal holdings?).

Flatting the flop bet given that I have the A:club: is an option? I keep his range wide and I'm not scared of playing ~ any turn for stacks.
  • 6 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Easy 4bet pre for me. If he maintains a 3bet of even around 12% you need to start 4betting the fuck out of him and if you cap your 4betting range you screw yourself imo.

Your play is not awful as a vacuum play but you gotta think long term ranges.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hello there,

I don't mind calling pre ... Still I would recommend to sometimes call, sometimes 4bet to be balanced ...

and that shoving might be good, because our perceived range is quite wide and he could put us on a draw ... + we capped our range pre it works for us too ...

Keep on mind to be balanced tho!

cya
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey I quite like calling pre, button seems to be a nit and can sometimes spaz with like 99+/AQ/AK here and because of the big 3bet the pot to stack ratio is smaller meaning it will be easier to get money in later.

On the flop we should 10000000000% just flat, I'm not scared of any turn card, especially considering we have the Ac, we keep in his entire bluffing range when we just flat and make it impossible for him to continue with bad or medium hands when we flat. He can also pick up equity with these hands on the turn and continue his ambitious bluff or he could just outright bluff, of course he can even value town himself. He very rarely has a set here due to the positions of players so I have one hand in the air and I'm ready to high five the dealer once he announces "I'm all in" in his Southern European accent.

:f_biggrin:
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      think pf flatting is best for our range yeh. SB looks quite strongish and im not sure we want to start building a 4betting range in this spot.

OTF both options are fine i think. i dont expect villain to have high cbetting frequencies on such a flop - hits our perceived range quite hard.
      gonna bluffraise this spot sometimes - so shoving AA is okay.

calling flop is good for our range as well: we're gonna have a ton of QJs, KJs, T9s, JTs, ... weakish hands and if we start calling these hands flop BUT raising AJ+... then we open ourselves to get barreled a lot as Pat said.

EDIT: lol jsut saw villains pf stat. 4betting AA pf is okay ^^
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Thanks for the good feedback guys :s_thumbsup:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Seems also for me like standard flat vs such an opponent. Especially as you said you expect the SB to have wide range -> will fold anyways if we 4bet and not many worse will pay.
      Postflop: The board is just horrible to shove cause the guy will have tough time to Call you with even Jx and nor any draws will Call. While you also have the A it's a perfect spot to just flat and let him continue with bluffs.

Best Regards.