Bronze
      Villain is calling pretty much anything pre-flop
      Known players:
      Hero:
      $4.00
      MP2:
      $8.40

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.44 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , T:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.30) 9:spade: , 3:club: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.30) A:diamond: (1 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets and is all-in, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $5.30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (As Ts)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (As Ts)

flop: I figured since I am IP I take a free card and see if I improve cheaply
      turn: If I bet $1.6 here I will be pot commited so I might just shove.
  • 6 replies
      Silver
      You can push flop with two overs.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      i instapush this, why with two overs? Id say, you got two hole cards, that's enough to push, right? You could have A4o in this spot, and think they're aces preflop, then Id still push the flop.

I fold preflop btw, not sure whether Im too tight, Im new to this game.
      Silver
      Right, but you shouldn't find yourself in a situation like that with a4o ;) . ATs - as well (fold pf according to the strategy), but on the late position it's not a bad spot to isolate mp2 openlimper.

Flop push - right, cbet is instant, but one can have doubts if he just abandoned the strict strategy and raised with at. Those doubts can lead to another abandonment, as they did in this example ;) .
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Well, yeah, I had been inactive at this table for a while and though this was a good spot to attempt to steal the pot, and hand is not that bad in case if I get called.

Anyway, point noted, I need to be more disciplined :)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      I agree with 098799 you should fold ATs preflop.In advanced SSS chart which I found in German forum(don`t remember where exactly) says you can call ATs from CU.Cbet (push) you should do on flop as preflop aggressor ,but it depends on board structure.More coordinated board is,less likely you should c-bet without good hand or without one that has outs to improve.For me it`s semi coordinated board (7,8?),looks like not very dangerous so I can push here.But you can afford to take advantage of your position and check behind,then on turn safest push with TPWK+backdoor flush draw+maybe some outs on second pair.I think to push or not to push on flop is depends on your opp too.If he loose preflop+semi passive on flop, then to make cbet is ok,but if he calling station or aggressive post flop then is better check behind or c/f.When you check on flop you will lose some fold equity, but can gain safety :D
      Good luck.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      ATs is a playable late position hand, but you need to be accurate and rely mainly on your pf FE.
      and push flop of course.