[NL2-NL10] NL2 TcTd

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $1.32 (66 bb)
      MP3: $2.08 (104 bb)
      CO: $2.06 (103 bb)
      BTN: $0.89 (44.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.09 (104.5 bb)
      BB: $1 (50 bb)
      MP1: $0.97 (48.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T T
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.06, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.14, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.30) 9 6 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks

Turn: ($0.30) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP2 raises to $1.18, Hero calls $1.03

River: ($2.66) 9 (2 players)

Hi guys, I'm posting this hand because i'm a lil confused over what happend with it.
      I'm sure I played it badly, but then i'm doubting it because result was rather good.

Reason for the raise on the flop, I thought, with that little raise, maybe I can get him to fold with a raise, TT aint that strong and I did get into this seesion only wanting to create a little rake, so if he had reraised my raise I would have folded.
      So I shouldn't have raised preflop, just called his stack was big enough for that :)

On the flop it wasn't really the best that could happen for me, so I checked to see if he had hit anything, was sure he didn't as he checked again :P
      Turn I got 3 of a kind, I make a rather smallish raise in order for him to call, stupid me. I kinda have trouple with my 3 of a kind.
      He goes all in and even tho I have rather low odds of completeing a full house or four of a kind I call, thinking I did beat him to a pair or AT.

I think obviously I should have folded when a straight completes there, reason for posting this is to make someone else tell me to refrain from doing this again, or wether it was ok to call his all in, in this spot?

Was a rather brave (stupid) thing to do, as I didn't really have any readings on the guy.

I did try to put him on ranges on equilap, it tells me that the ranges I put him on gave me 70ish % on the turn (also a reason why i'm a little confused), but i'm still guessing it's stupid to call when theres a straight.

Thx for any help/advice

PS. Sorry for wall (wanted to explain my actions as best I could :P )

Villain 40(vpip)/30(pfr)/(10hands).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

Preflop: Why do raise so small? If you raise then at least do a proper raise. :)

As played
      Flop: Why do you skip the CB? We need to protect our hand.

As played
      Turn: Well, what kind of hand do you expect him to be shoving here with if he didn't even Bet the flop? What you beat. Most likely I wouldn't be betting in first place.

Best Regards.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz, was afraid you where not going to be evaluating hands for a week or so :)
      Thank you for the evaluation.

Ok I should have raised it bigger, I assume it's ok with TT to try and make him fold?
      and I should raise it with atleast 0.18$ - 0,20$ (maybe 0,20$ is better, as he is a bit loose).

On flop, well yeah I see your point, I guess I started to doubt my hand, and was hoping he would let me see turn for free ?(

Turn well yes obviously he had a straight, bad players get good hands to :P
      Check fold turn?

All in all a stupid hand, with a lucky outcome.

Thx for correcting me :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I assume it's ok with TT to try and make him fold?

We want him to pay with worse hands and not give odds for set mining.

Check fold turn?

No, we don't need to Check/Fold. If we get the odds then we might even be able to Call and reevaluate it on the river.