HM2 importing hands from HM1 (Prima/Microgaming) not working!!!

• stbab4
      stbab4
      Bronze
      Hello,

Yesterday I installed HM2 and during installation came to me the option to import from the HM1 database. I did this by checking the "Import from" option "Holdem Manager 1", then on "Database" I chosed the second one called "postgrespass". The other had the name: "holdemmanager_saved_20112 ...." I understand that HM2 scans the computer for finding HM1's database or others (PT3, Elephant).
      All well and good until I tried to change Hero (Player). It appear at PokerStars, but i wanted to see the hands for the hero on prima/Microgaming. I looked and it is not.
      Then I entered the "Database / Import" and I chose the other database ("holdemmanager_saved_2011 ..."), but I would not expect much, for this is just a few KB, instead, "postgrespass" has 1.8 GB. So after all this i don't have the hands for prima/Microgaming.
      Conclusion> I did not import the hands played on Microgaming/prima.
      Today I played a few hands on the Microgaming /prima, HM2 beeing started and it took the hands instantly, although I did not set the location to import hands from various platforms, but I think it was imported automatic with the other settings from HM1 in the installation of HM2 .

What can I do to import the rest of the hands, where to look?
  • 9 replies
    • stbab4
      stbab4
      Bronze
      .. does not work now either. The thing is that it sees all hands when it starts to import (I looked at no. Of hands), but then is importing only those of PokerStars ...

Even so, in so many PokerStrategy.com members, there is no one who has gone from HM1 to HM2 and had hands in database played on Microgaming/prima???????
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stbab4
      Even so, in so many PokerStrategy.com members, there is no one who has gone from HM1 to HM2
      I think most people are going from HM1 to PT4 or not switching at all.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      You should find the hands in your HM1 archive folder (default c:\hmarchive) from where you can import them via import file/folder.

Or you export the hands in HM1 and import them again in HM2.

And please check your configuration of the Microgaming import:
      http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/672/Microgaming+-+Prima+-+Unibet
    • stbab4
      stbab4
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      You should find the hands in your HM1 archive folder (default c:\hmarchive) from where you can import them via import file/folder.

Or you export the hands in HM1 and import them again in HM2.

And please check your configuration of the Microgaming import:
      http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/672/Microgaming+-+Prima+-+Unibet
      Ok, tnx for the reply.

In C:\Hmarchive i have just some .txt files, and in those files is only one row of text (ex: Fri Dec 23 21:24:13 2011: MPPoker - Session Terminated). That how it is for every one of those .txt files.

Probably i will try to export the hands from HM1 and then import them in HM2.

My Microgaming/Prima import configuration is ok, so is importing curent hands, the only problem whas with the hands stored in HM1 database.

What about the notes i have made on the players on Prima/Microgaming? If i export hands from HM1 and then import them in HM2 i don't thing the notes are gonna be imported this whay. Then i need to export the notes too from HM1?

Is realy sad that this proces is not working in the easiest way, importing directly from HM1 database.... I whas expecting more from HM2.

Ok, so now I ask you another question:

---when i start the hand replayer in HM2, in the hero HUD it shows me only 3100hands. What is strange is that it shows the same amount for all the stakes, and i have played diffrent amount of hands on diffrent stakes (considerably diffrent amounts). When i click on my name or the number of hands it shows me the pop out where i can see how much i lost or whin and is the same amount for all stakes (36$)...lol and i have stakes where i have +400$ and stakes where i am at "-".

That is realy strange. I'm wondering what i'm gonna find rong next...i only hope that i can see it and is not gonna afect my play...
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      I can't say why the direct HM1 import into HM2 is not working in your case. In our tests it worked without problems. So there may be something different in your database or with the hands in your database.

About the notes: HM2 currently has no option to import notes from a file but after reading the hands you should be able to import only the notes directly from the HM1 database.

The replayer Hud for Hero uses the filters you defined in Hud options -> Hud filters. There is a "include hands from other limits" filter for example.
    • stbab4
      stbab4
      Bronze
      Anywhay, on the left top on Home tab i have Database, i clik on it and i see i have 2 databases: HoldeManager2 and HoldemManager2-1, the second one beeing active. Now, i have made the first one active (this one is empty) and i curently reimporting again all the hands from HM1 database. I'm curious about the results :)

About the hud in the replayer, i noticed that is an option that takes in consideration a period (by default whas the last 12 months). Now i have set this to 999 months. I have checked and unchecked all the options, and the same thig, just 3,1K hands and sometimes just 238 hands. Realy strange :s_o: I whas curious how HM2 autorates me on tables using all my hand history (hoping i am not a blue fish, lol, kidding). Anywhay this is not a big deal now, i just hope i'm gonna solve the problem with the hand import.
    • stbab4
      stbab4
      Bronze
      Tnx you all, i have solved the problem by exporting all the hands from HM1 Database management. After that i have imported them in HM2 database. Then i directly imported the notes from HM1 database (this realy took a long time; i think like 12 hours; on the bottom bar whas written: "creating notes: xxxx from: 420125"; so this notes importing/or creating realy took a long time. Now i think everyting is ok.

The HUD import from HM1 whas't realy good because the option to add de separator betwin statistics (/\* etc) whas't active, so i needed to create a new HUD profile for microgaming/prima. Probably i will need to do that for the oter profiles too when i'm gonna use them; for now i only play on prima/microgaming.

I think that is all with my transition from HM1 to HM2.

Now i have other small problems like:

-in the replayer, on the Hero hud i only have 20K hands, and i have over 100k in my database.
      -sometimes table manager dosn't stop properly when i close HM2 (windows7 small windows appears with those options: close program, search for an lolution, etc).

Nevermind, i will open new threads for those.

Tnx again!
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      - Replayer: the default setting for the number of hands is 20 k, you can change this via Settings -> max. number of replayer hands = 0
      in the replayer Hud.
    • stbab4
      stbab4
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      - Replayer: the default setting for the number of hands is 20 k, you can change this via Settings -> max. number of replayer hands = 0
      in the replayer Hud.
      Tnx, now i got this fixed :s_biggrin: