Stack
      Hero:
      $47,75
      BB:
      $53,5
      CO:
      $50

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

CO openraise = 16%
      Fto3B = 64%

BB 3B = 7%
      BB 4B range = 2.6

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1,75, BU folds, Hero raises to $5,75, BB calls $5,25, CO folds.

Flop: ($13,25) K:heart: , 9:spade: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $7, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

The cc from BB looks very strong so i just c/f with a K on the flop.

Final Pot: $13,25
  • 3 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey man, I don't get your 3bet at all ...

your opponent seems quite tagish and you crush his range extremely ... since he's folding so much on 3bets you don't get enough value anyway.

calling > 3bing IMHO...

I'd cbet this for 1/2 (even slightly below) ... It's quite good risk/reward ratio ... and he still has probably hands like AQ,AJ (discounted) + TT,JJ,QQ ..

not sure if he is floating any of these here ... very likely not ...

So yeee it should work .. his range is capped our isn't > works for us ...

Cya
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KillerFishes
      Hey man, I don't get your 3bet at all ...

your opponent seems quite tagish and you crush his range extremely ... since he's folding so much on 3bets you don't get enough value anyway.
      Well i 3b because i even think he can call with pairs lower than my JJ and overcards against which i'm ahead.
      And i don't want to play without initiative oop. Would be really hard to play with overcards on the board.

Originally posted by KillerFishes
      I'd cbet this for 1/2 (even slightly below) ... It's quite good risk/reward ratio ... and he still has probably hands like AQ,AJ (discounted) + TT,JJ,QQ ..
      Yeah i could, but i don't want him to throw away his weaker hands anyway.
      So i guess if i check i have to c/c once.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think 3-betting is better option than calling pf.
      You´re oop, so you have to act first all streets.
      You can´t really c/r for value on low boards and likely either lead out or c/c to control size of the pot.
      there are going to be overcards where you can likely c/c once or have to c/f for example AKx board.
      19/15 is not that range that you can not 3-bet for value. If your image is bad, he would call with worse pp-s and hands that has to fold against c-bet (like AQ, KQ, AJ, ATs

As played: I would still c-bet there 6.5$. You´re representing very strong range and AK/AA/KK is all at your 3-bet range, so I think you get him to fold maybe even QQ and he would fold AQ/TT that he may take stab if you check to him

best regards,