Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $6.43
      SB: $9.32
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $12.59
      CO: $5.31

SB posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.08) Hero has K:club: A:diamond:

fold, CO raises to $0.18, Hero raises to $0.62, fold, fold, CO raises to $1.06, Hero raises to $2.02, CO raises to $5.31 and is all-in, fold

CO wins $4.12

guy seems like a LAG reg, 40/25/9threebet(56)/70foldthreebet(10)/170hands, positionally aware, no sample on any 4bet+ actions.
      we had quite some history during the last 100 hands, where i'd 3bet his steals and he'd fold. that had happened like some 4 times already.

in this case i was ready to 3bet/ship it expecting him to pull off some spewy move on me, but his min4bet made me totally suspicious. i would even fold, but given the dynamics i also thought it could be a cheap bluff or some way of fighting back.
      so i... 5-bet spew? (turning my hand into bluff) then he instaships and it really looks like i'm way behind to put the other half of my stack.

i don't have much (if any) experience in these "n-bet spots". what's the standard, to 5bet lower (like 1.5)? or just fold it to min4bet? probably that is even the case, i was just paranoid about being exploited but doubt it really. i'm pretty sure my play was not optimal, but i just didn't know any better.

i didn't even consider calling and playing postflop, which looks more like negative freeroll even with position.
      in any case, this was the only time in the session that i felt like bleeding money :f_cry: painful.
  • 1 reply