[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH folding set on flop

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      so, did the thread title get you interested? let's get going shall we :f_p:
      please comment on why my line sucks :f_biggrin:

Everest - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $8.95
      SB: $13.93
      BB: $12.45
      Hero (UTG): $19.58
      MP: $5.71
      CO: $6.65

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:heart: J:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, CO raises to $0.50, fold, fold, BB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.20, MP calls $0.20
      MP is the guy from this hand (15/10/100hands, overplays twopair postflop)
      CO... well. CO is a calling station who folds to cbets (what???) 60/0/0.5af/90foldcbet(!) over 100 hands.
      now, when this guy min3bets i'm obviously worried. obvious setmine shall we?

Flop: ($2.05, 4 players) T:club: J:spade: A:heart:
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP bets $0.35, CO calls $0.35, fold, Hero raises to $2.00, MP raises to $5.21 and is all-in, CO raises to $6.15 and is all-in, fold
      yay i hit my set! ..yay?
      problem is, there is also an A on the flop. that really, really, really sucks (ie AA)
      MP's small bet doesn't really mean much, may be some hand that he thinks that is good like in the previous hand.

in any case, we need the monies going, can't really play way ahead/way behind with these guys on this flop so.. i throw in a raise. this is kind of a inforaise also, i want to provoke some action.

then MP shoves and CO goes over.
      against MP i stack off all day, his range for continuing may be straight, twopair and TT.
      but when CO plays like that... (remember his tendencies) i really put him on AA. should i fold my set here or can i just hope that he's raising his first time in 100 hands and going along here with some AK hand or something?

Turn: ($14.47, 2 players) 6:spade:

River: ($14.47, 2 players) 8:diamond:
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Whatever, we are not folding here. But what I would most likely do is that I would be donking the flop cause if they have a hand they are willing to pay anyways. Their ranges could be a lot wider than just strong made hands what beat us.

Best Regards.