Stacks:
      UTG ($92.07)
      UTG+1 ($98.39)
      CO ($35.55)
      BTN ($51.83)
      SB ($53.73)
      Hero (BB) ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB J:spade: J:heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $1, 1 fold, BTN raises to $3, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.50, UTG+1 calls $2

Flop: 2:heart: 4:club: 10:club: ($9.25, 3 players)
      Hero bets $6, UTG+1 calls $6, BTN folds

Turn: K:heart: ($21.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $12, UTG+1 calls $12

River: 5:heart: ($45.25, 2 players)
      Hero goes all-in $29,

Villain: 60/19 3bet: 3.4 and fold to Cbet: 55 after 475 hands

So I got a huge fish, my goal is to extract value, the question is, can I still value bet the river?

Is this a proper range for him:44,22,ATs,KTs,QTs,JTs,ATo,KTo,QTo ?

That gives me 56.7% equity.

Btw I have a retard question, When it comes to value betting although we both have money invested in the pot. Do I always need at least 50% hard equity to make a value bet profitable? I am a bit confused lol, fold equity of course is equity, but for pure value I don't want fold equity unless he folds better hands. if I don't have say 50% equity and say 0% fold equity against better hands then it would always be correct to play check and call as long as his bets isn't too big by simply going after pot odds? stupid ABC question
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

4-bet pf seems a little better option to me than just pf. You face too many overcards postflop and likely have to c/f at some point.

Postflop I´m fine leading flop. I would personally c/c turn to let him bet his draws or worse hands and even 60/19 might fold there worse hands sicne K is quite scary card.

I would not shove river. He would not call with missed draws, would always call with Kx and sometimes go to showdown with Tx.
      I think c/c seems to me best option to turn your hand into bluff catcher.

Question about valuebetting:
      - you should be ahead 50% unless you´re turning your hand into bluff. If you know that you´re behind more than 50% then it is better to take free showdown that is free, than bet yourself and only get called most of the times by better hand.

best regards,
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I think this is a nice hand and you played it perfectly. Calling pre is good as we want to play vs the fish and 4b/calling jj vs btn who 3bet utg is not going to be profitable.

We don't mind sometimes losing a small pot on ak2, we can get value alot of other times vs the fish to make up for it.

Flop is good/sizing great too.

Turn is good too, he will call with all the draws and worse showdown hands,

River is v.close between jamming and c/calling because so many draws, if he has a super high WTSD then I would jam and if not I would c/call.

Well played and nice creative line.