This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH-NL10] A8s semi bluff turn

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      deGrabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($11.33)
      UTG ($11.03)
      Hero ($23.87)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.90) Q:club: 6:diamond: T:diamond:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.90) Q:club: 6:diamond: T:diamond: J:club:

SB bets $0.64, BB folds, Hero raises to $2.20, SB calls $1.56

RIVER ($5.30) Q:club: 6:diamond: T:diamond: J:club: 3:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $21.37 (AI), SB calls $7.50 (AI)

villain only 100 hands: vpip 20| pfr 16| agg 2.0| ftcb 0/3| turn agg 3.0| wtsd 29%| w$sd 50% (2)

FLOP: decided to check back the flop, i know the sample is small but he doesnt seem to be folding to cbets, I would rather cbet a flop with higher equity. or pick it up on the turn.

TURN: He can donk here with a bunch of hands, i see mostly strong aces and :diamond: flush draws in his range. he might play this way with some PP's as a lot of time people will call with the straight draw. I chose to semi bluff as i know its a good spot for him to take the pot down when i x the flop and i can also rep a very strong range.

RIVER: I like my ship here, he could have the straight, 2P or sets, maybe KT :club: . Also i feel shipping it makes it look more bluffy and he might like his call.....
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I doubt he would b/f turn that often so drawy board and since you didn´t bet flop you can´t really rep much. So I would just take my equity and call his turn lead.

River shove is fine. Once he calls turn he would likely not fold that river card

Best regards,
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      veriz could you take a look as well please :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gxtwo,

Seems to be pretty standard on the turn I would say, we don't have the implied odds anyways to Call but meanwhile we have a lot of fold equity vs the donk which contains just from draws/weak pairs and of course strong hands.

Best Regards.