Black
      Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

BTN: $48.50
      SB: $50.00
      Hero (BB): $56.94
      UTG: $93.68
      CO: $20.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A :diamond: K :diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $1.50, 1 fold, SB raises to $4.58, Hero calls $4.08, 1 fold

Flop: ($10.66) J :club: 8 :club: K :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

Turn: ($21.66) J :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero ?

Villain was 20/18, 3b 5.5% over 250 hands, flop cbet 2/2 in 3bpots, wtsd 29%, w$sd 55%.

bet vs check? and what would be the optimal sizing here (ive usually bet like 40-50% psb)? his range is kind of weak.

also another question, if he c-called the turn, would we shove a non-club Q river?
  • 3 replies
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Does the river being a club matter? For me if I had the flush draw here the J is a great card to keep barrelling on anyway.

Like you said his range is kind of weak (Seems fairly tight, maybe - AQ/QQ/TT/99 + some Axs ?), if you think opponent is capable of trying to steal the pot on the river I might check turn and bet ~$7 on the river or shove over a raise.

I can't really see what calls a bet on the turn unless he knows you'll bet out when checked to and he has a J.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Do you like going 3 way to the flop with AK between to players? I'd personally usually prefer 4-betting here unless I'd have very strong reasons for calling(SB 3bet 3%? )
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would prefer 4-bet/call pf, although ip you can also flat AK to keep in dominated Ax and Kx hands.
      I would raise flop a lot of times for value, since no-one does not expect me to raise there just Kx hand, so he would shove his KQ and KT hands+ all his draws, but if you just call then it is very easy valuebet on the turn and shove on blank rivers.

He would mostly bet himself his Jx and aces, sometimes check with boats, but he has more often there air what he is giving up or Kx/QQ, TT that he went pot control. He would call you down with Kx if you bet 12$-14$ on the turn and shove blank river+ even if he folds his weak hands he likely still has some equity against your tptk.

Best regards,