Differences in Turbo/Hyper?

• noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      Just wondering how the standard sng strategy can change when playing turbo or hyper tournies? Or should I just play them the same and play according to current stack sizes.
  • 5 replies
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      I think that you should play them the same way as Turbos with some added awareness of what the blinds will be the next time they come by. But don't listen to me since I always bust the first round or two.

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      Haha ok I guess I wont listen then ;) Actually am also the same with the fast games, which is why im posting this.

Btw i meant the question to be how the turbus AND hypers are different FROM the regulars to make sure i was clear :)
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      +EV spot is +EV. Who cares if its turbo, hyper or no blind increase. You simply play more push/fold in faster structures
    • noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      shouldnt you play looser as a bottem stack when the blinds are creeping up on you so fast?
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, noz03!

The ICM and the Nash equilibrium do not depend on the speed of the tournament, only on the stack sizes and blinds. You do tend to hit different stack depths near the bubble when you play tournaments of different speeds, e.g., the pushing range for 4 equal 5 BB stacks is different from the pushing range for 4 equal 10 BB stacks, but once you know the stack depth the Nash range does not depend on the speed. However, things may change if your opponents range changes based on blind speed. Usually hyper turbo players tend do call looser, so we have to adjust our range accordingly.