[NL2-NL10] 87s NL5 Zoom

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      i flop a draw here, but there are many made hands that will continue to fire huge bets on the turn and river. i am afraid that if i miss the turn, i cannot continue to call oversized big bets profitably, therefore i fold.
      The other thoughts i had were
      -is someone holding higher FD?
      -Are my odds even good enough to call here?
      -will i even get paid when i hit because if 3 people in the pot and 3rd heart hits , maybe the action dies and i dont get value?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $9.90
      SB: $3.41
      BB: $11.72
      Hero (UTG): $12.73
      UTG+1: $15.38
      MP: $6.77
      MP+1: $5.09
      LP: $10.20
      CO: $4.93

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 8:heart: 7:heart:

Hero raises to $0.22, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.20, BB calls $0.17

Flop: ($0.66, 3 players) A:heart: 6:diamond: J:heart:
      SB bets $0.70, BB calls $0.70, fold

Turn: ($2.06, 2 players) 5:heart:
      SB bets $2.49 and is all-in, BB calls $2.49

River: ($7.04, 2 players) 2:club:

SB shows A:diamond: K:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 50%, Flop 52%, Turn 60%)
      BB shows A:club: K:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 50%, Flop 48%, Turn 40%)
      SB wins $3.38
      BB wins $3.37
  • 7 replies
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Not to be argumentative but:

You raised UTG with 87s and ended up in a multiway pot in position. IMHO that is the best case for you. Then you floped a FD on a A-high board. Again the best case for you.

With respect, what were you hoping for when you raised UTG with 87s?

IMHO you either fold preflop or go with the hand. You cannot fold after raising with a deceptive hand and then flopping you deceptive draw.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Fold preflop if you are going to play this way postflop. What do you want to hit then? FD is practically the nuts for you in multiway pot. Especially when even getting good odds.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      my total intention with my loose range on zoom tables is to steal blinds (which works ~80% of the time) from any position. When opponent bet so big on flop i didnt know i was supposed to call, and then just fold to another big bet on turn when i miss heart.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      your odds are better due to multiway. also looks like you have implied
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      but how many times when i hit am i losing 2 stacks to BB's higher FD? How many times would i even get paid if the 3rd heart comes if they both just have tptk and theres 3 ppl in pot. one of them if not both can easily figure out one of us has a Flush.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      why does BB only have higher FD? he could also well have a set or just Ax.
      and when you raise UTG your perceived range probably doesn't have many flushes anyway...

if the board pairs it could get tricky though. not sure how to evaluate our outs
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      nah i cant be certain either. next time im definately calling the flop at least.