[NL2-NL10] AKo 3bet pot NL5 Zoom FR

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      -is my 3 bet too small too big or just right?
      -is my postflop play indicitative of someone that has the nuts (i assume i do)
      -Is my min raise too cheeky or should it be higher on the flop?
      -i dont want the turn or river evaluated. im never folding them. so maybe i shouldve just went AI on turn? wouldnt matter anyways, im pot commited by the flop i feel. maybe all in on the flop instead of min raise? but then how do i draw from weaker hands and draws like the guy in this hand?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): $5.58
      SB: $5.00
      BB: $5.60
      UTG: $5.00
      UTG+1: $2.10
      MP: $5.58
      MP+1: $11.45
      LP: $2.50
      CO: $5.24

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:club: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.20, fold, MP+1 calls $0.20, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.70, MP+1 calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.77, 3 players) K:club: A:spade: 9:diamond:
      UTG+1 bets $1.20 and is all-in, MP+1 calls $1.20, Hero raises to $2.40, MP+1 calls $1.20

Turn: ($8.77, 3 players) 4:heart:
      MP+1 checks, Hero bets $1.30, MP+1 calls $1.30

River: ($11.37, 3 players) J:club:
      MP+1 checks, Hero bets $0.98 and is all-in, MP+1 calls $0.98

Hero shows A:club: K:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Kings) (Pre 44%, Flop 86%, Turn 95%)
      MP+1 shows 6:spade: 9:spade: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 34%, Flop 12%, Turn 5%)
      UTG+1 shows Q:spade: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 22%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $12.78
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      flop minraise is fine, you put him in an awkward spot :D and prepares turn shove nicely
      then just shove turn, everyone is super commited already...

Originally posted by ilovemagic
      -is my postflop play indicitative of someone that has the nuts (i assume i do)
      -Is my min raise too cheeky or should it be higher on the flop?
      well, yes... but even so it's still very tough for MP unless he has a set himself. and while he seems to be on the fishier side minraise makes it easier to drag him along, pot odds! :D
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      well this hand just played out beautifully then. Looking at the flop now, it was so perfect for action its not even funny. i dont think im ever playing this hand differently. even on the turn, if hes stupid enough to not see that im golden on that flop, im just goin to bet 2/3 of his small remaining stack on turn and the rest on river just to ensure he doesnt fold on the turn. the turn of course has to be a total blank like in this situation, otherwise im just plain shoving anyways on that turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

I doubt that there is a huge difference how you play your hand here. :D But what I would do myself on the turn is that I'd ship it directly rather leave some cents behind.

Best Regards.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

pot is big and dry enough that you can just call flop. You´re getting your money in any turn card, so rather let him feel like his Ax hand is ahead. If there was flushdraw on the board I would also raise flop to protect my hand

best regards,