This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo 3bet pot NL5 Zoom FR

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      -is my 3 bet too small too big or just right?
      -is my postflop play indicitative of someone that has the nuts (i assume i do)
      -Is my min raise too cheeky or should it be higher on the flop?
      -i dont want the turn or river evaluated. im never folding them. so maybe i shouldve just went AI on turn? wouldnt matter anyways, im pot commited by the flop i feel. maybe all in on the flop instead of min raise? but then how do i draw from weaker hands and draws like the guy in this hand?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): $5.58
      SB: $5.00
      BB: $5.60
      UTG: $5.00
      UTG+1: $2.10
      MP: $5.58
      MP+1: $11.45
      LP: $2.50
      CO: $5.24

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:club: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.20, fold, MP+1 calls $0.20, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.70, MP+1 calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.77, 3 players) K:club: A:spade: 9:diamond:
      UTG+1 bets $1.20 and is all-in, MP+1 calls $1.20, Hero raises to $2.40, MP+1 calls $1.20

Turn: ($8.77, 3 players) 4:heart:
      MP+1 checks, Hero bets $1.30, MP+1 calls $1.30

River: ($11.37, 3 players) J:club:
      MP+1 checks, Hero bets $0.98 and is all-in, MP+1 calls $0.98

Hero shows A:club: K:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Kings) (Pre 44%, Flop 86%, Turn 95%)
      MP+1 shows 6:spade: 9:spade: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 34%, Flop 12%, Turn 5%)
      UTG+1 shows Q:spade: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 22%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $12.78
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      flop minraise is fine, you put him in an awkward spot :D and prepares turn shove nicely
      then just shove turn, everyone is super commited already...

Originally posted by ilovemagic
      -is my postflop play indicitative of someone that has the nuts (i assume i do)
      -Is my min raise too cheeky or should it be higher on the flop?
      well, yes... but even so it's still very tough for MP unless he has a set himself. and while he seems to be on the fishier side minraise makes it easier to drag him along, pot odds! :D
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      well this hand just played out beautifully then. Looking at the flop now, it was so perfect for action its not even funny. i dont think im ever playing this hand differently. even on the turn, if hes stupid enough to not see that im golden on that flop, im just goin to bet 2/3 of his small remaining stack on turn and the rest on river just to ensure he doesnt fold on the turn. the turn of course has to be a total blank like in this situation, otherwise im just plain shoving anyways on that turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

I doubt that there is a huge difference how you play your hand here. :D But what I would do myself on the turn is that I'd ship it directly rather leave some cents behind.

Best Regards.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

pot is big and dry enough that you can just call flop. You´re getting your money in any turn card, so rather let him feel like his Ax hand is ahead. If there was flushdraw on the board I would also raise flop to protect my hand

best regards,