NL SH Book

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'm will be going to Slovenia with my school's project for a week in May, and that means one week long poker break for me.

So, I'm thinking about buying some nice NL SH book, that would help me a bit with my poker career. I could, of course, just print out all gold articles and columns, but I were thinking about getting a book for a long time, and this seems like a nice time.

Any advices?
  • 6 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      What kind of project? And where are you staying?
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Project is "COMENIUS - EUROPEAN CNC-NETWORK - TRAIN FOR EUROPE - RELOADED" - long story short - 24 schools from 23 Europe countries are constructing train together.

Not really sure where we are staying. At their official website I found this address: "Šolski Center Celje - Srednja Šola za Strojništvo, Mehatroniko in Medije
      Celje, Slovenia"

So, what about book? :D
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      LOL, that's actually where I went to High School. Actually it is the same building, there are like 10 different high schools there. :)

As for the book. For NL SH I have no idea about actual books. But I do recomend Verneer's guide trough microNL. I read it and it is a nice start. ;) Google it, and you will find it easily.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey, are you going to have your laptop? You could watch some PokerStrategy videos :)

Also there are some pretty cool poker videos out on the net, documentaries, following poker players etc.

For books, I would suggest Vicky Corens book, it is really a fantastic read and a good mixture of poker and "real life".
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      "The Poker Blueprint" by Tri Nguyen (the guy who co-wrote "let there be range" with cole south")and Aaron Davis is good up to NL100. If you've played a lot and read around the game a lot then you might find it less useful. It's mainly about constructing some very solid fundamentals around the game and giving you the mindset that should help your game.

Read some reviews about it and see if it appeals.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Thanks for a recommendation. Seems like a nice book.