This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 Zoom AQs

• mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      in his mindAny comments will be welcome:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $8.24
      SB:
      $11.83
      BB:
      $9.75
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $4.03
      UTG2:
      $13.24
      MP1:
      $9.81
      MP2:
      $10.07
      MP3:
      $10.15
      CO:
      $13.77

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.30, 7 folds, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.45) T, A, 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.45) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $8.05, Hero calls $2.33.

River: ($13.83) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.83.

I raise UTG with AQs and everyone folds to BB who makes a fishy small-3bet. Villian is effectively unkown as i have only 5 hands on him.

I thought that the 3bet is either a complete bluff and he is trying to save on the bet size or it is a monster trying to get action.

I decided to call because:
      1) Folding is to exploitable;
      2) Raising will isolate me against KK+
      3) With good odds and in position I call.

I flop TPGK. Villian cbets app 66% pot. I believed that villian cbets with at least 70% of his range. To some extend it may be a way ahead way behind situation.

I decided to call because:
      1) we cannot fold after we hit top pair. Why did we then call?
      2) there is no value in raising because villian will not call with any weaker hand
      3) With a stack to pot ratio of less than 3 we are commited so we call.

The turn is not a bad card so the same considerations apply. Villian ships!
      At this stage I know that villian is not bluffing but in his mind he is value betting. I decided to call because I believe I was commited. IMHO here I went wrong and maybe should have folded because of the betsize.
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      well. this is how it should work in zoom:

- min3bet = monster
      - you are not just going to be exploited, not just like that at least. i mean, he, doing a small bluff, vs utg open? likely just wants some action.

so just fold pre.
      postflop, well, you just put yourself there. what's the point of calling to fold A high flop?
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      ok if the min3bet is looking for action does that mean the turn shove is a bluff?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mineriva,

Add to full stack if you playing BSS.

People don't really exploit in those limits, especially in ZOOM poker. :) Neither you don't have really huge stack to even play around postflop. ;) Therefore not the greatest idea to Call and might be even safer for you to fold. Not that I am saying it's totally wrong to do so but mainly for the shake of your stack. And obviously postflop not much to comment as you called preflop.

Best Regards.