• mineriva
      in his mindAny comments will be welcome:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.30, 7 folds, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.45) T, A, 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.45) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $8.05, Hero calls $2.33.

River: ($13.83) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.83.

I raise UTG with AQs and everyone folds to BB who makes a fishy small-3bet. Villian is effectively unkown as i have only 5 hands on him.

I thought that the 3bet is either a complete bluff and he is trying to save on the bet size or it is a monster trying to get action.

I decided to call because:
      1) Folding is to exploitable;
      2) Raising will isolate me against KK+
      3) With good odds and in position I call.

I flop TPGK. Villian cbets app 66% pot. I believed that villian cbets with at least 70% of his range. To some extend it may be a way ahead way behind situation.

I decided to call because:
      1) we cannot fold after we hit top pair. Why did we then call?
      2) there is no value in raising because villian will not call with any weaker hand
      3) With a stack to pot ratio of less than 3 we are commited so we call.

The turn is not a bad card so the same considerations apply. Villian ships!
      At this stage I know that villian is not bluffing but in his mind he is value betting. I decided to call because I believe I was commited. IMHO here I went wrong and maybe should have folded because of the betsize.
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      well. this is how it should work in zoom:

- min3bet = monster
      - you are not just going to be exploited, not just like that at least. i mean, he, doing a small bluff, vs utg open? likely just wants some action.

so just fold pre.
      postflop, well, you just put yourself there. what's the point of calling to fold A high flop?
    • mineriva
      ok if the min3bet is looking for action does that mean the turn shove is a bluff?
    • veriz
      Hello mineriva,

Add to full stack if you playing BSS.

People don't really exploit in those limits, especially in ZOOM poker. :) Neither you don't have really huge stack to even play around postflop. ;) Therefore not the greatest idea to Call and might be even safer for you to fold. Not that I am saying it's totally wrong to do so but mainly for the shake of your stack. And obviously postflop not much to comment as you called preflop.

Best Regards.