Why do people say online is rigged?

• brobz
      brobz
      Bronze

this guy explains pretty well why we all think poker is rigged. Do most people ho say poker is rigged low stakes players? I think so.

He says it best when he says people buy into this tourneys pretty much expecting to lose they just simply dont care.

Thats why we see this unreal moves that will hit and win and we just cant understand why. It's not the site just the quality of players thats makes it looked so rigged.

Just thought Id share if anyone is interested.
  • 12 replies
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      When something doesn't go their way, they blame other people for their mistakes -- it's human nature. In addition, a lot of people are unable to accept losing as a part of life. Let's be honest, for every business that is successful in real life about 100 (just guessing) fail in the shadows of that company.

For example, how many small to medium businesses are struggling because of wal-mart (k-mart)? I personally do not believe online poker is rigged because sites like PS or the Ipoker Network have no reason to rig their sites since they rake every hand played by each player.

So in summary, people blame other people for their mistakes and are unwilling to accept that they had a crucial part in it. I've personally seen people slow and I mean SLOW play aces because they want more money in the pot (or chips). What happens? the other opponent catches a two pair, trips, straight, backdoor flush because the opponent with the aces bet the pot in small increments or raised minimum to have any two cards call. I mean wouldn't you call 5:1 with J-9s in the BB?

Maythany B
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      is that guy serious? what an idiot
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      LOL his accent tilted me :D
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      and how he says "minraisers are shit" or something to that effect, next hand limps A9 on the BU with about 10bb

I feel I didn't insult the guy enough by calling him an idiot
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      Without going into any great detail, that 'idiot has been a huge winning player at low level MTSNG for many years and is a well respected coach and player.
      He never professes to be a high stakes monster, but at the level he plays he is.
      It is also ridiculously disrepectful to trashtalk someone with little knowledge of that person.

@brobz,
      I agree people do blame others for their own failings, it's a weak persons way out. It's much easier to try to drag others down to their level, rather than work hard to climb out of that level themselves.

Regards and run well,

Mal.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Basically the idea "I am good at poker" vs "The poker site is legitimate" and "I keep losing money" are three ideas that can't all be reconciled. Interestingly, people choose the wrong idea to eliminate instead because it's easier on the ego.

In any case, the phenomenon of "rigged sites" is hilarious. I love this quote by PokerStars: "While we understand that poker can be a frustrating game, and that it can sometimes feel like there must be a higher power conspiring against you to make you lose, it is not us. There is no doomswitch, no cashout curse, and no rigging of the game in any manner"
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      and how he says "minraisers are shit" or something to that effect, next hand limps A9 on the BU with about 10bb

Are you serious lol? Did you watch that part properly? Go back and watch it.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KozakFB
      Originally posted by bradomurder

Are you serious lol? Did you watch that part properly? Go back and watch it.
      OK I was slightly wrong, he open-completes the sb with it, later on he does limp in the BU with A9o when the short guy to his left has 1 bb left. seems pretty bad to me but if he is hugely winning I guess it's a style thing he's got down.

@gadget, I guess it's his manner that I don't like, how he insults the other players and stuff. Calling that guy monkey and wanker is way over the top

in saying that it's a bit hypocritical of me to call him an idiot when that's the thing I don't like about his video
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      Without going into any great detail, that 'idiot has been a huge winning player at low level MTSNG for many years and is a well respected coach and player.

Also in MTT up to 10 $. J little had private tournament on stars where that guy was also playing and there was even bounty for knocking him off.
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      I don't say poker is rigged but saying it isn't for sure, is ignorant.

I mean, people wage wars for some oil, but on the other hand poker site can't change his RNG slightly? Even if they can't get caught?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      you also have to factor in the aspect that:

- its nice to have excuses for your inadequacies. If you suck at poker, being able to convince yourself it is rigged shifts the blame to somebody else.

- OR, you are like me, and like trolling people who should know better, or joking about variance. Me and my brother like to berate each other with "rigged obv" in lots of standard spots like losing coinflips etc.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      interesting how many of you morons that writes bs every day here one year ago were writing in forums that full tilt will never go down because Lederer and Ferguson runs it so your money is safe there so don't even think to ask for withdrawal.