FLOP ($2.25) 4:club: J:heart: 2:diamond:

SB checks, BB folds, Hero bets $1.42, SB calls $1.42

TURN ($5.09) 4:club: J:heart: 2:diamond: 2:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $3.75, SB raises to $7.50, Hero calls $3.75

RIVER ($20.09) 4:club: J:heart: 2:diamond: 2:club: 4:diamond:

SB bets $19.09, Hero folds

SB wins $19.09

Villian is 38/7 after 80 hands

His line looks so so strong but the only hands I lose to is a 2 or JJ. I think it should be a call but just want to check
  • 7 replies
    • Zolt4n
      Zolt4n
      Bronze
      Hi

With a station in the pot I would bet bigger both on the flop and on the turn, but in my opinion these bets should be stricty bet/folds against a station. Stations almost never raise top pairs, so its a fold on the turn for me after his raise. (However, if you decide to call the turn then you can't really fold on this river.)

Best regards :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zolt4n
      Hi

With a station in the pot I would bet bigger both on the flop and on the turn, but in my opinion these bets should be stricty bet/folds against a station. Stations almost never raise top pairs, so its a fold on the turn for me after his raise. (However, if you decide to call the turn then you can't really fold on this river.)

Best regards :)
      +1

I think flop bet size are fine, but I would bet 4.5$ on the turn and close to potsize on the river (some cases even consider shoving). Against c/r I would also fold my overpair. He has there trips or better too many times.

best regards,
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hm, I think I just call.

Spaz factor, its hard to have trips, he can't have 4x because he wouldn't raise the turn, ever.

He can sometimes have 2x, but I'm not sure he uses this bet sizing on the river. We DEFINTIELY can not fold the turn. I would just call, call and make a note.
    • Zolt4n
      Zolt4n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hm, I think I just call.

Spaz factor, its hard to have trips, he can't have 4x because he wouldn't raise the turn, ever.

He can sometimes have 2x, but I'm not sure he uses this bet sizing on the river. We DEFINTIELY can not fold the turn. I would just call, call and make a note.
      Hi pleno1

Can I ask you to describe why you think folding is not an option on the turn? A station plays c/c c/minraise on a superdry board, every time I called these lines I ended up mucking against a 2x or a full.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I like to call these people button clickers, they can often show up with the most retarded hands at showdown showing a completely retarded line. We're getting such a good price on the turn and this guy can sometimes be raising Jx,, sometimes raising Jxcc, occasionally QQ and occasionally just pumping his face on the keyboard and pressing raise.

Ofc we're not going to be good all the time, or even alot of the time, but the price is great and we can make a note if we lose which will help us exploit him further in the future.

Also, if you've ever watched any of my videos, you will know "You can't win if you fold" :D
    • Zolt4n
      Zolt4n
      Bronze
      Thank you very much pleno1 for the explanation. :)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      no problemo :)