This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ flop [Td Kd Kh]

• arky
      arky
      Bronze
      I gues this was a bad call, i should just fold? Reason why I called was a posibility of a semi-bluf on draw heavy board like this. So if he would just check the turn I could bet/fold to get it. But I sense that this reasoning is deeply wrong and I should just have folded right on the flop.

Raising flop? I dont know. If I have raised him, a lot of draws would push, which I would not called.

Or what do you think?

$0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      9 Players

Stacks:
      UTG givesumcash ($5.40)
      UTG+1 SebastianUKR ($1.52)
      MP1 rodrigo0900 ($8.08)
      MP2 eLiZpoker13 ($4.56)
      MP3 Elnar 1111 ($14.18)
      CO Hero ($4.45)
      BTN balkanik999 ($2.94)
      SB NIYA 550 ($5.80)
      BB KortesPoker ($2.83)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 9 players) Hero is CO Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      2 folds, rodrigo0900 raises to $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.55, 3 folds, rodrigo0900 calls $0.30

Flop: 10:diamond: K:diamond: K:heart: ($1.17, 2 players)
      rodrigo0900 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: 10:club: ($2.17, 2 players)
      rodrigo0900 bets $1.10, Hero folds

Final Pot: $2.17

rodrigo0900 wins $3.18 (net +$1.03)

Hero lost $1.05
  • 4 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      I think you should have 3bet bigger pre. I like to make it 3x in position and 3.5 out of position. On the flop I think a call is ok here as doesn't necessarily have a K. As a matter of fact I might argue he doesn't have a K because he isnt protecting his trips very well against the flush draw or the straight draw with a 1/2 pot size raise. So I don't mind the call here. As he continues on the turn I would fold against almost all types of players as we don't beat very much here except maybe JJ, 99 and A high with something like AQ or AJ that are semi bluffing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello arky,

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

3bet it bigger preflop, even though he made it 5xBB I would still go for bigger 3bet than yours, ~3x should work out. But otherwise kind of crappy situation but might be safer play, we don't beat much vs his donking range which also bets turn.

Best Regards.
    • arky
      arky
      Bronze
      Thank you for your opinions. I normaly raise 3x, I dont know why I did not raise this same as usual.

So as I understand - its Flop call or Flop fold.

BTW:
      Do you see a lot of ppl making a second semi bluf with a draw here? I dont as a turn was T (flush gets weaker from vilans perspective). So on a turn he is most likely holding Kx,Tx?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by arky
      Thank you for your opinions. I normaly raise 3x, I dont know why I did not raise this same as usual.

So as I understand - its Flop call or Flop fold.

BTW:
      Do you see a lot of ppl making a second semi bluf with a draw here? I dont as a turn was T (flush gets weaker from vilans perspective). So on a turn he is most likely holding Kx,Tx?
      Difficult to say the correct range which he is playing this way while we don't have any stats nor information on the guy.