[NL2-NL10] Over pair on monotone flop

• Termi8r
      This 6-max zoom poker and I played this hand when I was involved in another hand on my second table...

The villain is unknown player as I only have 2 hands on him.
      Preflop I have QQ and is very happy with the 3-bet there out of the big blind from a CO raise and the SB call.
      The small blind call to the 3-bet had me a bit puzzled, maybe something like smaller pairs or broad-way cards.

SB bets almost pot...imo he doesn't have the flush and want to protect his hand. Sets are likely or Ahx type hands. I decided at the time he is betting Ahx hard here and called the flop bet. No need to re-raise.

On the turn he goes all-in...and now I have to consider the next action. I ended up calling due to being distracted on the other table...

I think this is a clear fold right? How would you play this if you have the queen of hearts as well?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      2 folds, raises to $0.30, folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.20, folds, SB calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.7) 9, 2, 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.83, Hero calls $2.83.

Turn: ($8.36) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $6.02(All-In), Hero ?
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      i think i fold flop already even with Q. you could be drawing dead already, not to say that the pot odds really suck
      even though the way he just calls along preflop seems to be more on the fishier side, i think i'd just wait for a better spot

why do you think that he's pulling off some sick semibluff there? this being the first time i'd just give him credit and let go.
    • veriz
      Hello Termi8r,

Preflop: Against 3xBB + 1 flat I would most likely raise it bigger ~$1,50.

As played
      Postflop: Most likely I wouldn't give up my hand. If he had a strong hand then not sure if he would even donk it like that. While he could even have there TT/JJ as well while his flatting range preflop is pretty weak. If he called for set mining then he made a mistake.

Best Regards.