Super LOL at Phil Laak's muck at Partypoker Big Game

• circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      I have just wittnessed it watching the live stream. This is gonna make the all time highlight reel, he must dump Tilly immediately! Has anybody else seen it? Must have been the most ridiculous hand I have seen on TV.

The guy makes a bad call preflop, getting some odds but not really what he should, gives a huge bad beat and then mucks his hand! They went all in preflop for 65k euro pot, the other guy had his hand face up all the time and Phil mucks after hitting! Monster LOL!

The funniest thing is that at the moment I'm writing this post he doesn't know it yet... somebody should text him or smth LOL!

EDIT:
      Even funnier, I've just realized, there was sidebetting on the turn on who wins the hand and Tony G had something like 3k on Laak and was right, but because Phil mucked Tony lost the bet. So I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about this hand.

EDIT:
      LOL Tony just found out

EDIT:
      the video is on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7iEUiMROts
  • 12 replies
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      is there a way to exlplain this a little better?
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Laak raised A6, a guy 3bet AKs, laak 4bets A6, that guy ships it with AKs. Laak realizes he gets some close to good odds if he's against a pair and calls. Does not show his hand to the table, the other guy shows AK.

Board is 2T26Q and Laak mucks even though the other guy had only AK. Pot goes to A high. Side bets were made on turn.

He didn't realize he made a pair. Clear enough? 65k euro pot.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      thanks buzz

indeed thats sicc
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      How did Tony react when he found out what Phil had? :D
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      How did Tony react when he found out what Phil had? :D
      They argued for something like 30 mins before the break, because people who saw it on TV kept on texting the players about the hand. Tony said he was cheated, but nobody could be sure about it since they suspected that what was on the TV screen may not have been Laak's actual hand. Laak could not remember what he had. So nobody was certain but Tony G was pisssssed!

Then there was the issue what was the bet about? Did Tony G bet on Phil's hand being the best, or on Phil winning the hand, which in this case are 2 different things LOL.

I missed the first minutes of coverage right after the break, so I don't know exactly how it ended up yet. Have to dig it up on forums. But this hand is TOP 5 ALL TIME. It's same material as Heltmuth blowup at the WSOP against Dragomir and Tilly checking back FH on the river on PAD.
    • NoMistakes
      NoMistakes
      Bronze
      SICK HAPPENS
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      I'm more interested in the part of the video where they all find out :facepalm:
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VladimirN
      Yeah me too, would love to see the reaction of the players when everything is 100%. I have tried to find it, but just stumbled upon some speculations on 2+2, nothing certain. Has anybody recorded the whole game?
    • mancikaa
      mancikaa
      Bronze
      We were watching them yesterday live a bit and Tony G was deffo extremly pissed, he sat than later on the table so, that he was turning away with his body from the table, like he dont wants to watch it even.

Who knows tho what happend. Could be Laak missread the board he wears a kinda dark sunglass, guess he isnt that lame that would muck in such pot just like this if he sees whats up. But they play there now since 2 weeks almost every day, so would not wonder if he was just simply tired and made a mistake.
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Tony G was pissed and tilted and just sitting there not playing a hand and not talking a lot even before this hand happened. After that break he left the table pretty soon so I don't know what his reaction was in the end. Laak was like in auto-mode, playing for more than 24h straight, but I understand that he recovered quite good after this hand, playing well and running good too.
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Laak's comments about mucking the winner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLCCi6fIIpI&feature=watch_response

He makes as much sense as always :)
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VladimirN
      QFT. I'd love to see Laak's reaction to that.