[NL2-NL10] NL10 Zoom TT

• mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Again no real stats I only have 3 hands on villian.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $6.51
      SB:
      $5.15
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG2:
      $11.48
      MP1:
      $12.90
      MP2:
      $9.36
      MP3:
      $6.58
      CO (Hero):
      $7.73

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T.
      UTG2 raises to $0.30, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.6) 8, 9, 3 (5 players)
      SB checks, UTG2 checks, MP2 bets $0.90, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $2.30, SB folds, UTG2 folds, MP2 raises to $9.06, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.9.

Preflop I considered 3betting. Maybe I should have. At the time I wanted to call hoping for that dream set over set.

I liked the flop. I would have liked a set more but this is a good flop. Villian was first caller in MP2. I decided to raise to define my hand. With villian shiping I believed he had a set and folded.

Was this to weak?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mineriva,

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

Doesn't make sense to raise the flop cause you are turning your hand hand into bluff. Therefore I'd rather be flatting and reevaluate the further actions while being in such a multiway pot.

Best Regards.
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      srry Veri should have said I am trying to play more towards the MSS but zoom has a 50BB buy in so I play some in between buyin.

Also most ppl on zoom play similar stack size.

TY for the advise. I take the point of turning it into a bluff and that was my problem with my play also and why I post the hand.

I considered flating with over pair but in my experience the Zoom players in multi way pots dont play 1 pair hands.

and I could not think of any good turn that could make me want to continue the hand. In fact the Tc could be a nightmare.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Not sure about the MSS style on ZOOM, I guess my advice would be look around the forums. For example here: link. And see what they talk about it. They have even a thread about it.