[NL2-NL10] NL5: KQ top pair OOP

• Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Preflop:

Villain is 14/14/10 over 40 hands. He seem like a TAG player that is aware of position. He opens and I decide to call. I don't like a 3-bet here with KQ because I could flop top pair and dominate random Kx, Qx broadways hands I think he opens on the BU.

Flop:
      I flop the best hand here most of the time and he will conti-bet a huge % of the time. No need to donk or check-raise as I won't get called by worse.

Question: What are the case in betting for protection here?

Turn:
      The turn is a brick imo. He fires again...i decide to call. I think he capable of double barreling here. (Not just because of hind-sight, btw).

River:
      The river brings the dreaded A and he fires again...Is there anything I beat at the moment? Do we just give up here? Or we make a crying call? Surely he must know I have a king? I thought at the time that he might represent the A...too much credit on Nl5?

Thoughts on all streets welcome.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $15.10
      BB:
      $20.03

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q.
      3 folds, raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.9) 2, K, 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, BB folds.

Turn: ($2.1) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, bets $1.55, Hero calls $1.55.

River: ($5.2) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, bets $3.32, Hero ?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Termi8r,

Preflop: We still have another opponent behind us, who could be either squeezing and maybe even Calling. Therefore we don't want to turn the pot into multiway nor see squeezes. Of course it's possible to flat and keep BU range wide or whatever his position is cause it's missing. :D Also maybe the BU is still loose to Call with worse or as well BB.

As played
      Postflop: Most likely I wouldn't be calling the river cause we just beat a bluff there. Although I am not sure how many bluffs he has there in his range. Most likely he wouldn't even value-bet with worse there. Might be towards letting him have the pot.

Best Regards.