[NL2-NL10] NL10: OESD OOP deep stacked

• Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Preflop:
      Villian seems like a maniac with stats of 44/44/16.7 over 38 hands...he opens the BU and I decide to 3-bet Should probably 3-bet bigger to say $1? I though he would fold at the time...I put him on smaller pairs, AJ+.

Flop:
      Flop is pretty good for me since I flop OESD and the K should make him think twice of calling with small pockets. I think the c-bet is standard here. He calls and I think he might do that with a king and maybe some stubborn play he is trying to make.

Turn:
      I think I would have the king here a fair amount of the time and it would be a standard bet. I still have a few outs to hit on the river. If he re-raises me here I fold. He calls again and that eliminated the small pp etc. Sets are unlikely as he would probably re-raise? I'm fairly certain he has a K here maybe with a small kicker?

Thoughts on the turn bet? Good? Bad? Ugly?

P.S I change my thoughts as I write this...he is maniac and his smooth call on the turn probably means he has a monster, he will probably make a re-raising type play on the flop if he had a weaker hand?

River:

TYVM :s_cool: What is the best play here? What if he re-raise us on the river? Is it possible for him to have the boat?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $19.16
      BB (Hero):
      $48.42

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, T.
      3 folds, raises to $0.25, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.80, calls $0.55.

Flop: ($1.65) 9, 7, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.05) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, calls $2.50.

River: ($9.05) 6 (2 players)
      Hero ?
  • 2 replies
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Hi Termi

I understand he is playing 44/44 but what is his ATS and more importantly what is his fold to 3bet on the BTN?. I like the preflop 3bet size.

It is almost a perfect flop for a cbet. So I will also cbet here to make those small PP and Ax hands fold.

I would check the turn. It is consistant with your hand range you repping. If you had AK/AA you would also check this turn. Very few villians will bet this turn as a bluff and even fewer with a weak made hand. If he bets I will look at pot odds ect to call (beware that IMHO there is more negative implied odds than otherwise). Villian will not check a boat because he thinks you have AK.

After he checks I bet almost any river. Your hand still looks like AK and he cannot have anything that beats that.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Termi8r,

Preflop: Wouldn't advice to 3bet in first place here cause it's not worth, he will Call you anyways and you will just play in big pot. While you can't be sure if he folds neither postflop to just one CB. -> Don't try to bluff a maniac.

As played
      Turn: What are you trying to represent? The 2nd K made you even less likely to have a hand, therefore I might give it up right here, especially when he called the flop you most likely wont have much fold equity.

As played
      River: I would just Bet myself and if we get raised then well, most likely depends on the raise size. :) Vs a shove most likely even fold cause we haven't invested that much. Neither don't have enough of information either he could be overplaying his Kx hand this way. Just have VPIP/PFR.

Best Regards.