This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 AK on wet board

• gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $4.04
      BTN: $4.23
      SB: $4.03
      BB: $4.08
      Hero (UTG): $4.63
      MP: $4.12

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has K:club: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.14, fold

Flop: ($0.36, 2 players) Q:club: T:club: 5:club:
      SB bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.06, 2 players) A:heart:
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($2.06, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB bets $3.02 and is all-in, fold

SB wins $1.96

fishy villain stat on 25 hands..

I just called him on his donk bet since i have good draws.
      I hit my top pair on turn but he might have hit his straight draw, i just called for my tp and flush draw.
      River i had my 2 pair but a very possible straight for him.

questions:
      should i have reraised and played for stacks somewhere?
  • 7 replies
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      I like hand as played.

If you are going to get it all in I think it is on the flop when you have max equity for your draws but it all depends on what range you put villain on:

If he has the flush I don't put him on the nuts too often because I don't see a fishy opponent betting this high with the nuts. If he has the flush you have 7 clean outs twice approx 28% if he doesn't have the flush then you only have to worry about flopped two pair, set or pair + nut flush and against that you either have either 7 or 17 outs for about 45% - 60% equity between what balance of that range you put villain on then you have the 10%+ of the time fishy villain has simply lost his mind and will fold
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      hello supergaijin,

one thing that puzzled me is his shove on the turn. what could it possibly mean?

it really looks like he doesn't have a flush since i have K of clubs as a blocker. more like a straight.
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      he didn't shove turn bet < half pot

bet on the turn could mean a lot of things

1) he has the nut straight and you have 2 outs to tie and 9 outs to win (8 if he has j clubs) meaning you have almost 25% equity and you are getting about the right price to call even before a little implied odds on river

2) could mean he had AQ with the nut flush draw in which case you have 7 clean outs to win and 16% equity and decent implied odds if you hit

3) he has top pair + flush draw and is now a little more nervous of the ace so reduced bet size

4) he is a fish who still has air and is firing a second barrell with out any real sense of how the turn changed the board texture

Given all of these options I still like your turn call

My 'analysis' below was based purely on play up to and including the flop not after that as I was supposing ranges based on the information you had on the flop not after
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      ps if you see k of clubs as a blocker to flush why not k as a blocker to straight?
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      let me correct that, sorry.

i meant his shove on the river
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gnawhalak
      let me correct that, sorry.

i meant his shove on the river

good point.. hmm.. got me thinking.. :rolleyes:

.. thanks bro. i liked the way you analysed the hand. I should think that way too.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gnawhalak,

Whatever it is I wouldn't play it much differently. You are most likely beaten on the river. Neither I wouldn't raise at any point cause you could easily just isolate yourself against strong hands.

Best Regards.