Flop: ($0.36, 2 players) Q:club: T:club: 5:club:
      SB bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.06, 2 players) A:heart:
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($2.06, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB bets $3.02 and is all-in, fold

SB wins $1.96

fishy villain stat on 25 hands..

I just called him on his donk bet since i have good draws.
      I hit my top pair on turn but he might have hit his straight draw, i just called for my tp and flush draw.
      River i had my 2 pair but a very possible straight for him.

questions:
      should i have reraised and played for stacks somewhere?
  • 7 replies
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      I like hand as played.

If you are going to get it all in I think it is on the flop when you have max equity for your draws but it all depends on what range you put villain on:

If he has the flush I don't put him on the nuts too often because I don't see a fishy opponent betting this high with the nuts. If he has the flush you have 7 clean outs twice approx 28% if he doesn't have the flush then you only have to worry about flopped two pair, set or pair + nut flush and against that you either have either 7 or 17 outs for about 45% - 60% equity between what balance of that range you put villain on then you have the 10%+ of the time fishy villain has simply lost his mind and will fold
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      hello supergaijin,

one thing that puzzled me is his shove on the turn. what could it possibly mean?

it really looks like he doesn't have a flush since i have K of clubs as a blocker. more like a straight.
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      he didn't shove turn bet < half pot

bet on the turn could mean a lot of things

1) he has the nut straight and you have 2 outs to tie and 9 outs to win (8 if he has j clubs) meaning you have almost 25% equity and you are getting about the right price to call even before a little implied odds on river

2) could mean he had AQ with the nut flush draw in which case you have 7 clean outs to win and 16% equity and decent implied odds if you hit

3) he has top pair + flush draw and is now a little more nervous of the ace so reduced bet size

4) he is a fish who still has air and is firing a second barrell with out any real sense of how the turn changed the board texture

Given all of these options I still like your turn call

My 'analysis' below was based purely on play up to and including the flop not after that as I was supposing ranges based on the information you had on the flop not after
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      ps if you see k of clubs as a blocker to flush why not k as a blocker to straight?
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      let me correct that, sorry.

i meant his shove on the river
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gnawhalak
      let me correct that, sorry.

i meant his shove on the river

good point.. hmm.. got me thinking.. :rolleyes:

.. thanks bro. i liked the way you analysed the hand. I should think that way too.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gnawhalak,

Whatever it is I wouldn't play it much differently. You are most likely beaten on the river. Neither I wouldn't raise at any point cause you could easily just isolate yourself against strong hands.

Best Regards.