No second chance - Low stakes blog 2nl-200nl

• booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      so the plan was to start bumhunting 400nl or at worst play 3h with regs to start tables, turns out that even if I wanted to play hu to start tables practically no one will play me even though I'm very bad at hu. extreme bumhunting is kinda killing mid stakes on 888 imo, 90% won't post a single blind without a half brained monkey who can barely eat by himself on his right, makes me kinda sad. but whatever, this is the business we choose :D oh and 400+ is so infested with scripters that you have 0 chance of getting a seat unless you have a better script or you start tables.
      so for now the plan is to improve my hu game as I don't want to use a script, and I don't like donating to better hu regs neither.
      and here is this summer graph, after 1 june. running above EV $$ wise but breakevenish bb wise.

• vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      hello sir!

if u find it hard to fight for the tables, why even bother? cant u just go to stars and play HU zoom? and if not a secret, why do u choose to stay on 888?
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vuciitis
      hello sir!

if u find it hard to fight for the tables, why even bother? cant u just go to stars and play HU zoom? and if not a secret, why do u choose to stay on 888?
      I'm not exactly fighting, it's about starting 6max tables so that fish join quicker, obv I can just camp for hours and wait for a fish but that's boring to death. I deposited on stars and had fairly good results over a small sample but withdrew all of it because I needed money for irl stuff (888 withdrawals take 4-5 days) I will def be depositing again, but I choose to keep 888 as my main site because games are way softer and because I know most if not every single reg at 100/200 wich is a big plus imo.
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Bronze
      Nice month boooooooooma, congrats, finished it also at around 16k+, lets make it 20 this month..:) ,didn't have a good start tho, everyone is bluffcatching me

Pacific No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Pacific Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($122.20)
      Hero (SB) ($273.65)
      BB ($200)
      UTG ($538.53)
      MP ($146.75)
      CO ($218.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, 6
      1 fold, MP calls $2, CO raises $9, Button calls $9, Hero calls $8, 2 folds

Flop: ($31) 2, 10, 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $16, 1 fold, Hero calls $16

Turn: ($63) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $38, Hero calls $38

River: ($139) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $49.50, Hero raises $210.65 (All-In), CO calls $106.45 (All-In)

Total pot: $450.90

Results below:

Hero had 6, 6 (two pair, sixes and twos).
      CO had A, Q (two pair, Queens and twos).
      Outcome: CO won $446.90

Is this a snap for you, vs me ? The guy didn't even tank, i mean wtf, did he soulread me?:)
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by imbahness
      Nice month boooooooooma, congrats, finished it also at around 16k+, lets make it 20 this month..:) ,didn't have a good start tho, everyone is bluffcatching me

Pacific No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Pacific Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($122.20)
      Hero (SB) ($273.65)
      BB ($200)
      UTG ($538.53)
      MP ($146.75)
      CO ($218.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, 6
      1 fold, MP calls $2, CO raises $9, Button calls $9, Hero calls $8, 2 folds

Flop: ($31) 2, 10, 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $16, 1 fold, Hero calls $16

Turn: ($63) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $38, Hero calls $38

River: ($139) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $49.50, Hero raises $210.65 (All-In), CO calls $106.45 (All-In)

Total pot: $450.90

Results below:

Hero had 6, 6 (two pair, sixes and twos).
      CO had A, Q (two pair, Queens and twos).
      Outcome: CO won $446.90

Is this a snap for you, vs me ? The guy didn't even tank, i mean wtf, did he soulread me?:)
      yeah I'm hoping for some run good this month, even though I'm not sure I can play a good volume (50k+) due to school and other irl stuff.

well about the hand, it's really hard to say because I never took this specific line against you, I do take it versus regs that tend to over bluff rivers on scare cards with a range consisting of hard value range, less thin value hands (like the one vilain had here) and very few cold stone bluffs, so basically I try to exploit something. but as played in vilain shoes, I'm mostly calling, I might fold depending on dynamics mostly, but this is a call imo vs practically everyone, and you are very capable of turning a hand into a bluff, so yeah, I don't hate his call.
    • CamboCat
      CamboCat
      Bronze
      Hi booomm,
      Just started reading this thread; great blog! I remember you screenname with the Tunisian flag from when I played 50NL and 100NL on 888 in January/February of this year. I have to admit I spend a lot of time going through the lobby looking for tables were you weren't playing :D
      Anyway, great to see you're doing well!

GL!
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CamboCat
      Hi booomm,
      Just started reading this thread; great blog! I remember you screenname with the Tunisian flag from when I played 50NL and 100NL on 888 in January/February of this year. I have to admit I spend a lot of time going through the lobby looking for tables were you weren't playing :D
      Anyway, great to see you're doing well!

GL!
      sup mate, yeah I ran so hot at january/february it was borderline embarassing haha :D
      anyway, best of luck to you too. what's your sn on 888 ? I don't recognize the one you are using here.
    • CamboCat
      CamboCat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by booomm
      sup mate, yeah I ran so hot at january/february it was borderline embarassing haha :D
      anyway, best of luck to you too. what's your sn on 888 ? I don't recognize the one you are using here.
      :D running hot? I thought you were just reading my soul every time lol :D
      My screen name is "keep_it_riel" but I don't play on 888 anymore.
      Cheers
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      crazy month so far, ran quite poorly on 400nl, probably won't be a 5 figures month unless somehow I start running insanely good. volumes sucks obv, have to work on that.

graph so far:
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Sup people, haven't posted in a quite long time, but here I am :) )
      I haven't been playing much basically, withdrew a bing chunk of my roll for irl stuff (around 8-10k, not exactly sure) and took a break from poker for a month or so, obv got rusty and lost alot when I got back haha :D so now I'm back playing nl50 on 888. I'm planning to take some aggro shots at nl100/200 whenever I feel it's right.
      I will update later with yearly graph for 888/stars, now time to play!
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      I'm sure you guys like graphs :f_biggrin: , so here are some:

2015 so far in terms of bb, mostly 50nl fast and some 30 and 100nl too.

2014 in terms of $$, mostly 100 and 200nl, even though I'm 3k above EV, I ran so bad over the end of the year I wanted to cry haha, definatly played the worst I have played in a long time too.

so you guys can see how I got destroyed for most of my bankroll in the last few months, but now it's time to rebuild!
      Hopefully I will save enough $$ for decent coaching in march, I think the games are getting way tougher than ever before real quickly, and I'm not adjusting as I should, add to that some irl problems that are taking alot of time and energy lately. So getting coaching and studying my game in depth seems like a solid choice before getting back to nl200 and higher.
      will post some sessions, hands etc ... soon
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Bronze
      Great blog, booomm! I am also playing on 888, nl50-100, rarely 200. It's inspiring to see, that you had times, when you made so much money.
      GL, and keep updating! :s_drink:
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Will be starting a new blog soon with detailed updates/goals etc been running like shit lately and my game is way too rusty so I think it might keep me motivated.