BB: $1.42
      UTG: $2.56
      Hero (MP): $5.29
      CO: $12.60
      BTN: $0.96

SB posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.08) Hero has Q:heart: Q:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.18, Hero calls $0.18, fold, BTN calls $0.18, fold, fold
      there are some huge fish behind me (btn, bb) which i don't want to scare away. openraiser is fish too :f_eek: 69/14/35hands
      i decide to slowplay to get more fish into the pot but i'm not too sure about it. i just thought i could fold flops with overcards and aggression (maybe that's okay) but my hand plan execution later was just plain wrong

Flop: ($0.62, 3 players) 2:club: 6:spade: 3:diamond:
      UTG bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.20
      now i want to get btn's stack. for that i should probably throw something like at least a minraise here, then i may even think about getting UTG's stack

Turn: ($1.22, 3 players) 3:heart:
      UTG bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, UTG calls $0.40
      doesn't even work

River: ($2.42, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.69, UTG calls $0.69
      so i feel like i missed some value already.
      anyway, after his play i feel that he is on something like overcards. so i bet some amount that he may level himself into calling with A high
      not sure if i call if he spazshoves though
  • 4 replies
    • altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      Your thought process preflop is okay, as long as you know what you're getting into.

On the flop, raise. You have one pair, your opponents probably have outs, and you're pricing in the BTN and BB to be calling with just about anything CORRECTLY.

Turn, follow up with another bet. Same with river.

There's a lot of cards you're not hoping to see. Any 4, and 5, K or A could put you in a tough spot.
    • altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      Also he has position on you, that's not good.

I'll give an example why. Let's say you've seen the BTN play many hands, but has never once bet, not even with a good top pair.

Now assuming the same turn card..

UTG bets $0.20
      You raise to $0.60
      BTN/Fish raises to $2.40

Either he suddenly decided to change and make a random bluff, or he has a strong hand.

So you assume you're behind, and you fold.

If you were in position..
      UTG bets $0.20
      Fish raises to $1.20
      You...

You now saved yourself $0.60, or 12BBs.

Position matters.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well, yes, i know all this about position. i so love position :heart: i could write all day about how much i love to play in position.
      can't have it every time though :f_cry:

in any case you're spot on. it looks so obvious now, raise flop to like .70, shove non-overcard turn, if they fold that's it. could have so many worse pp also.
      of course as played they're justified to call with overcards/gutshot/whatever. this hand was just sooo bad.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Just 3bet it for value preflop and go broke, I wouldn't really play this way and then rarely even know where we stand with our hand.

And what's with the small raises? What's the purpose of them, rather just raise a bit bigger on the turn and do it for value if you played this way preflop.

Best Regards.