[NL2-NL10] NL10 Zoom AQs

• mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      I know I dont have full stack. :-)

I have 17 hands on villian he has 47/24/2 with 16.7 3bet.

Preflop I raise and have to face this min 3 bet from this aggro 3 better. Folding should be out of the question getting 3:1 so I am left with 4 bet bluff or calling.
      I notice that from the 17 hands he has faced 2x 3bet and 4bet once. Maybe I should have gone $2.4 hoping he folds. If he calls my 4bet bluff I believe I would have about 28~30% and would ship any flop I touch.

I decided to call.

On the flop I see no point in calling. I dont believe this villian calls muti street with AJ or worse. The small flop bet is very strange. I cannot fold. I decided to re-evaluate the turn.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

BU:
      $10.30
      SB:
      $14.50
      BB:
      $14.80
      UTG1:
      $13.76
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $4.90
      MP1:
      $5.57
      MP2:
      $11.20
      MP3:
      $11.00
      CO:
      $7.48

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, Q.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, CO raises to $0.80, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.75) 9, A, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.55) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, [COLOR=red]Hero ?
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i think against someone like him you can even 4bet for value. 4bet/ship it, also much easier to do while you are midstacked. looks like maniacal fish.

as played... could be AA :f_eek: or just scared pocket pair, or worse Ax why not. i think his range is still wide, not only the nuts.
      all in all the spot is not the greatest one but "for the given odds" i call and reevaluate river, would call another small bet. also get some information

if you want to avoid all this marginality just fold pre. sucks to fold vs minraise but well, when you call what are you hoping to hit then if not A high flop?
      i know it looks like we are totally being exploited, specially against that guy. so i tend towards 4bet/ship pre :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mineriva,

Preflop: If he is a maniac then just 4bet and get it in with your stack.
      Postflop: Check/Raise the flop and protect your hand rather than Check/Call it. :)

Best Regards.
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      I did the c/r on the turn.

He called and showed AK