is it ever smart to fold a fullhouse

• kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      like when u have say 45 and the flop is A44 and some1 bets u call , the turn is a T and they bet or check and the river is an A and they bet is it a dumb fold when u fold the 45???? or am i stupid i folded 2 boats lastnight, and lost with a flopped fullhouse
  • 9 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      some people say its dumb to fold a full house but its player dependent. mostly if you have the naff end of the full house then you have to be really careful. i think you probably made good folds.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingkong2
      like when u have say 45 and the flop is A44 and some1 bets u call , the turn is a T and they bet or check and the river is an A and they bet is it a dumb fold when u fold the 45???? or am i stupid i folded 2 boats lastnight, and lost with a flopped fullhouse
      it is always smart to fold when you think you are beat even with a full house, you should always go with your read, analyse the hand later and see if you are wrong, but I think it is really bad to outguess yourself.
      the only time you don't fold a full house I think is when you have the big full on the flop (you can only lose to quads or few other full houses that came on the turn/river) say you have KJ flop is KKJ and turn is A, now you can only loose to AA or AK, but you don't realistically worry about those hands, you just go ahead and bet, same for quads, because you will be beat so rarely that you can't fold.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      If you felt he had you beat, then what can you do ??

Also what was this guys betting ?? What were you putting him on throughout the hand. Or he knew you did not have he ace and put out a bet to scare you off.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi kingkong2

I think on a dubble paired board it's not stupid to fold a FH. It is player depended though. If you feel/know the other guy has the A then it's a good fold. And if you CAN find the fold button then I say Nice hand!
      I can never find the fold button in those situations :f_cry:

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      maybe i am a huge fish , thats what most players call me . i just cant see making any money calling , sometimes u may catch some1 bluffing , or u may split the pot with the same hand , its like when u have the nut flush the board pairs on the river then a loose passive fish donks pot , the flush is never any good. so i fold. but maybe i am stupid
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      why do you check behind the turn though?
    • kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      the flush if i remember right she was calling then the big donk . same thing yesterday i called raise with KTs flopped top 2 the 1 who raised check called flop and turn then a J hit pot size donk , me being stupid i call without thinking guess what i see AQ for nuts
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingkong2
      I would have fold when the river hit the A.

So it wise to fold lower full house.
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      the original post really needs some bet & pot size info.
      for example, if the villain bet $3 into a 0.65 pot, it's a pretty easy fold.
      if he bet small into a big pot, it might be worthwhile to call & see what he's up to.