New challenge - From 500 to 10k

• getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I decided to write a blog because I want to track my results and set future goals, also this is more interesting than writing a journal. This is the first time I’m writing a blog and I don’t know what’s the best way of doing it, I hope for Your advice ;)

I’m 23 years old student from Latvia, studying computer science and this the last year (at least I hope so). I play online poker for 3 years, something like half of them for living. I’ve been playing nl200 for last 6 months, now planning to grind zoom till my graduation.
      In this blog I’m going to provide you with my graphics and some interesting hands. Also I’m going to write about some random stuff, if something interesting happens. All details about my career and future plans you can find below, enjoy the reading and leave comments :)

How it started…
      First time I played poker about 5 years ago. We were playing almost every night at friends home, it was fun. Stakes were low, but still it was cool to win a couple of bucks and spend them for a beer :D When poker becomes your profession, it’s not so interesting anymore. Last time I played that kind a game was year ago and I really miss them. It’s hard to have same fun now, playing with people who don’t play poker for living. It’s a couple of BB’s for me to buyin and I don’t care about that money, but they have come with 1-3 buyins, because they don’t want to lose more. They just take that game seriously, but I don’t care about anything and it kills all fun X(

Beer helps
      As I said, I started playing online ~3 years ago. I lost my $50 from pokerstrategy and forgot about it for a while. After some time I made a deposit, something like $20, and played super micro stakes SNG’s. I boosted my br and was able to make a couple hundred per month playing $3 SNG’s. It continued for some time, then I tried switch to MTT’s and got really lucky.
      It was sunny summer day two years ago. I was drinking beer with my buddy and missed all my MTT’s. I came home a little bit wasted and decided to play something, but there wasn’t going on anything I could afford. I opened last chance satellite to Sunday million and get there with late reg, blinds were 100/200 already, as I remember. I was very excited, because I haven’t have played $200 FO before, it was half of my br :P So I managed to finish in 18th place somehow and shipped 4k+:D Same month I shipped $11 FO, finishing first for ~4k.

Cashgames FTW
      I played many types of NLH for next 6 months – MTT’s, SNG’s, HUSNG’s and many more, I couldn’t stick to one game. At the beginning of 2011 I found cashgames pretty interesting. Started with micro limits, climbed up to nl100 in 2 months. Tried nl200 many times, but failed. I decided to stick to nl100 rush for some time, but then, unfortunately for me, FTP closed and I lost all my money ;( I had something like 1k left on stars and I started over with nl50. In October I switched to nl200 and didn’t fail this time, basically playing that limit since then. I took few shots to nl400, understood I don’t have anything to do there yet:P

Future plans
      I’m planning to play poker for living as long it’s possible, because I’m lazy and I like beer :D (I couldn’t force myself to write this blog for a week). I have some goals for future; I hope I will achieve them -

Short term goals:
      • Play live a little bit more
      • Graduate ( this could mean quitting poker for some time )
      • Play a little bit more exploitative, screw balance
      • Update this blog
      • Fix some leaks in my game

Long term goals:
      • Play up to nl1k online
      • Travel around the world playing live
      • Play in WSOP ME
      • Fix my major leak - Stop playing drunk
      • Tell Lederer everything I think about him

Current situation
      I'm drunk. :D
      I will provide you only with nl200 zoom graphs now; I have 25k hands so far, I want to squeeze at least 100k till summer. Why zoom ? I think it’s best way to get high volume in short time and it’s possible to take short sessions. It’s very hard to play 16 tables and take a break, because it takes time to open 16 tables again and it sucks hard if you table select. Also zoom is full of nits who plays fit or fold and it decreases variance. I like zoom because I’m luckboxing - running 11 BI’s above EV. Here’s the graph:

In the end I want to say it's possible to crush nl200 zoom with 5bb/100 or better IMO. I will try to prove it by making this blog, I hope I will succeed. We need a decent sample size to say so, but I think 100k hands should be enough. Hope for your support and comments and GL @ tables ;)

Latest challenge can be found here
  • 597 replies
    • QuarkJacks
      QuarkJacks
      Bronze
      Helloo from Jamaica :megusta: this blog sounds interesting definitely will follow ! :coolface: :pokerface:
    • martinstids
      martinstids
      Bronze
      GL with ur goals! Subscribed.
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      finnaly made a blog, gratz with that :f_biggrin:

i just love ur longterm goals, esp last 2 :D
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      will follow as i always do and know u will make ur GOALS, but dont know about that last one, sorry :D

good players never fail :)

STAY FOCUSED & KEEP SHIPPING!!

GL
    • sahists
      sahists
      Bronze
      Beest of luck in achieving your goals. Will fallow your blog for sure. See you want to play more live, sounds good will try to join you from time to time and we will crush those live donks togeather :D
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Good luck reaching your goals, fixing leaks and running good!
      If this blog keeps on going, might inspire me to restart mine since I failed last 2 times.
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      show us some badass call with 7high vs 6high!

and i demand threadsavers to be put in here every day :f_biggrin:
    • QuarkJacks
      QuarkJacks
      Bronze
      TiltMuch.. ehh you troll... :coolface:
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      ohh am i? :megusta:
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Looks interesting, followin´ GLGL ;)
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      I will keep an eye on this blog from time to time. I'm playing NL100 zoom atm, so we are almost at the same level and it's intresting too see how others progress and compare to myself. GL! :f_cool:
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Hey native, getdotacom! =)

Is this your patent maybe? :D

Nice to see latvian players doin great! :s_thumbsup:

Good luck mate! Will be following this blog!

And no beer today!

just kidding! :D

• TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      nice tshirt miljonszalie. lol i actualy just found out what ur nick is :D never read it correct in past... fml
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      Nice blog, Subcribe,
      Nice to see more people from latvia.
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      janka as ur a pro, i need some advice.

whats the strategy to beat fucking pricks?

tried getting it in with nuts, doesnt seem to work, loose anyways, so should i just fold every hands vs them or what?
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Luckboxing continues

Played 3k hands, luckboxing continues, enough for today. Already opened beer, celebrating nice upswing :D Here's the graph :

I want to add some hands from today's sessions -

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($268.60)
      SB ($422.80)
      BB ($203.94)
      Hero (UTG) ($201.48)
      MP ($238.20)
      CO ($98.32)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:diamond: , Q:club:
      Hero bets $5.30, MP raises to $15, 1 fold, Button calls $15, SB calls $14, 1 fold, Hero raises to $44, 1 fold, Button calls $29, SB calls $29

Flop: ($149) A:spade: , 2:club: , K:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($149) 6:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $30, 2 folds

Total pot: $149 | Rake: $2.80

This hand illustrates how bad players are @nl200 zoom. They both overcalled 3bet and then my 4bet. I think they both have ticked c/f button. When I bet turn, they insta folded. You should definitely start playing nl200 zoom if you don't or at least move to highest limit you can afford to play. People think nl200 is full of regs and games are super though. It's true, but you can still find huge fish who plays fit or fold and make money. You don't have to beat regs, just avoid playing with them and take moneiz. If you're still afraid and have some major leaks, feel free to ask, I will give you an advice.

Second hand is a fun hand how to win 4way 3bet pot with 5th pair. Enjoy :)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($370.36)
      SB ($159.80)
      BB ($215.76)
      UTG ($212.28)
      MP ($351.60)
      Hero (CO) ($262.43)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5:heart: , A:heart:
      1 fold, MP bets $5.75, Hero raises to $18.25, 1 fold, SB calls $17.25, BB calls $16.25, MP calls $12.50

Flop: ($73) K:diamond: , 5:diamond: , 10:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($73) 8:club: (4 players)

River: ($73) 9:spade: (4 players)

Total pot: $73 | Rake: $2.80

Results:
      SB had A:spade: , J:diamond: (high card, Ace).
      BB had 2:diamond: , 2:heart: (one pair, twos).
      MP had 4:diamond: , 4:heart: (one pair, fours).
      Hero had 5:heart: , A:heart: (one pair, fives).
      Outcome: Hero won $70.20
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Originally posted by TilTmuch
      janka as ur a pro, i need some advice.

whats the strategy to beat fucking pricks?

tried getting it in with nuts, doesnt seem to work, loose anyways, so should i just fold every hands vs them or what?
      Just play as many hands as possible with them. Don't wait for the nuts, other ppl will stack them before you. You should pick a little bit stronger range than them and play in position. Play aggressively with all your hands, they call down with any draw and weak pairs. If you decide to bluff, I recommend betting all streets and putting them allin on river, otherwise you can't make them fold weak pairs.
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      nice A5 hand lol, ppl doesn't seem so good, or ur just a soulreader+lucker :D

well as far as i've seen no1 ever gets to stack those ppl, they always stack regs :D
      and i've been thinking of leaving tables with such ppl, cuz they are unstopable and they are the ones who takes all my profit.. im talking about (80/40) guys
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Subscribed :)