This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ vs 3bet Q high board

• xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $10.23
      SB: $10.86
      BB: $11.50
      UTG: $19.85
      MP: $10.00
      Hero (CO): $11.17

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:club: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, SB raises to $0.90, fold, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) Q:heart: T:spade: 7:heart:
      SB bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.50, 2 players) J:club:
      SB bets $3.00, fold

SB wins $4.30

do you think i should reraise flop here?
      the turn basically hits most of his sets and AK gets a straight, iam so behind here i just cant call.
  • 4 replies
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      This very much depends on villains 3b'ing habits, but obviously if you're not running stats and playing zoom then this can be very hard to figure out.

As played:
      Lets say he 3b's you with the following range:
      TT+,ATs+,KJs+,AJo+,KQo

then I would also assume against an unknown that villain is probably cbetting almost all of this range, almost all of the time, especially in a 3bet pot.

I would also assume that villain probably plays bet/broke with all TP+ and draws against which we would have the following equity:

Board: Q:heart: T:spade: 7:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      CO     44.14%  35.27%   8.87% { AcQd }
      SB     55.86%  46.98%   8.87% { KK, AdAh, AdAs, AhAs, QsQc, TdTh, TdTc, ThTc, KJs, AhKh, AsQs, KsQs, KcQc, AhJh, AhTh, AdQs, AdQc, AhQs, AhQc, AsQc, KdQs, KdQc, KhQs, KhQc, KsQc, KcQs }

for this reason I think it would be better to play raise/broke in this spot without knowing the opponent bettter. I.e if he barrells draws / weaker hands. I think it is less exploitable and there is a decent proportion of his range that he would play bet/broke with that we beat..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xoshix33,

Preflop: Why do you call the 3bet in first place? Rather 4bet/Fold than Call it while you don't know even how often he does 3bet you.

As played
      Postflop: How many worse hands do you see him continue? Therefore I don't really see any reason to raise the flop.

Best Regards.
    • xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      did you mean call the flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by xoshix33
      did you mean call the flop?
      No, I answered your question either to raise it or not. :P