[NL20-NL50] TJs 20nl, +ev to shove?

• 5 replies
    • Rastlin1
      Rastlin1
      Bronze
      hmmm not sure that we should be raising from UTG to target a fish with a hand like JT - doesnt make sense to me

As played - if the SB is the fish and you dont think he is folding then a shove isnt profitable. If you think he is donking this board and would fold to a raise then you still cant do it because of the 3 bettor aggressor behind you, this flop should likely hit him alot of times, but I think that the issue in this hand starts at the beginning, dont raise UTG with JT :P
    • Rogbey
      Rogbey
      Bronze
      Ok, wouldn't normally be opening so wide UTG but because of the fish in the blinds thought it might be close. What sort of range can you open profitable from UTG with fish in the blinds?
    • Rastlin1
      Rastlin1
      Bronze
      the same range as always

The issue it that you are UTG, not that the fish is in the blinds

You still have MP, CO, BU and SB before you get to the fish so its a big chance to try and single out just 1 player from the other side of the table

Fish will always be there, dont need to chase them with lesser hands from UTG :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

JTs is definitely good enough hand to open it UTG.
      I don´t think that shove would be the best option, since likely he would not b/f there many hands, but with oesd and backdoor flushdraw I would definitely call flop. Likely you have to call or get all-in on spade turns and can call reasonable bet again if you hit your J or T

Best regards,
    • Rastlin1
      Rastlin1
      Bronze
      Judge, you really think that betting through the table to get at a fish in the blinds is profitable with JTs?