Tag line on microlimits

• Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      I´ve been wondering wether the TAG line, playing bigstack, is profitable on microlimits with the amount of bad players that you meet at the tables .Nowadays it is difficult to find tables with less than 2 or 3 guys playing any 2 cards, with 70/10 stats or even worse.

What I found is that when you play against a reg, you win small pots.
      When the donks get into action you get stacked with the most amazing hands, so in the end you don´t win.
      Isn´t it better to play midstack on a higher level (for bank roll considerations)? You play on a level and when you get stacked against a 83o idiot that hit 2 pair, the loss is smaller .

I know this goes completely against the "rebuy theory" and that you might loose value when you hit but the way I see those guys playing I think it is worth in the end.

Ok... I´m ready to be blown to pieces :rolleyes:
  • 4 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      No-offense, but I always find it amusing when people complain about bad players and don't want to play against them. In the end, the bad players are those from who you win the most. Ofcourse you get outdrawn more or less often, but that's poker. In a long run, you will win big money out of them and that's the important thing.

Personally I hate playing in a table with TAGs only, and if I end up playing in that kind of table, I leave pretty quick once I found out there aren't any fishes. Table with many 70/10 etc. players seems like a paradise to me :rolleyes:
    • matovicmilos
      matovicmilos
      Bronze
      Try playing more hands in position, when you can isolate 1 loose limper, also you could make smaller c-bets and also small value bets when you have some kind of hand. that's been working for me good so far
    • zhorzh
      zhorzh
      Bronze
      Your post makes a lot of sense milos ;)
    • matovicmilos
      matovicmilos
      Bronze
      I know! :D