This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 poorly played set

• TheCoon
      TheCoon
      Bronze
      Hello there!

stats: vpip/pfr/agg factor/hands
      UTG: 30/10/3.0/258
      CO: 52/16/2.2/25

I didn't 3b the flop because I didn't want to scare him off an overpair and to keep him in with some overcards like ATs+. I guess he could have some T9s,98s,78s, .. but he seems to be opening tight. However isn't it a obvious 3b for value and protection??

I think I fail pretty big on the Turn. I think I should have raised pretty big and call it of on the river. Or maybe just shove on the turn.

On the river I actually don't know what I was thinking. Probably I couldn't figure out what I can beat on that river. TT and 66 beat me anyway, QQ/AA got there, flushdraw got there.. The only hand I beat there is AQ,AT ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $12.51
      BB:
      $13.13
      MP3:
      $10.36
      CO:
      $6.06
      BU (Hero):
      $18.13

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4, 4.
      MP3 raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.05) T, 4, 6 (3 players)
      MP3 bets $1.00, CO folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.05) Q (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.45, Hero raises to $3.35, MP3 calls $1.90.

River: ($9.75) A (2 players)
      MP3 raises to $5.71, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.75.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TheCoon,

Flop: Raise the flop and protect your hand, raising the turn will look a lot stronger!

As played
      Turn: Why do you raise so small? What's the purpose of the raise? You are giving very good odds for him to Call.

As played
      River: Well, he played it correctly but you made a mistake and not much you can do on the river when a draw completes.

Best Regards.