Coach
      iPoker - £0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Villain is 30/23/Afq:73 over 169 hands.

fold to 4bet:100%
      3bet from blinds:30%/ cbet after 3bet:100%/ cbet turn:50%, c/r turn:50%

I give the Villain the following 3bet range from blinds based on reads:
      {QQ-TT,AQs-A2s,K2s+,Q2s+,J3s+,T3s+,93s+,83s+,73s+,63s+,53s+,43s,AJo+,KQo}

which is 25%. Villain flats premiums AA,KK from blinds.

My flat 3bet range is: JJ-88, AQ-AJ, KQ-KJ, KTs, QJ, QTs, JTs

Preflop i think my flat on both hands is standard.
      On the flop I know that a fit/fold game would not bet good, but the way I played both hands was not good either.

1. On the first hand I raise the flop for bluff. I can rep all the over pairs, since my plan is not to 4bet QQ+ vs this guy.
      2. On the 2nd hand I call the flop planning to bluff raise a scary turn(bc Villain will bet almost any turn bc of his aggression). Of course I do not have many 9s in my flatting range (only 99,9Ts), but Villain doesn't have so many either+I expect him to bluff the straight many times.

The problem is that I can't defend effectively on this flop. I have no made hand:51%, ace high:30%, and overpair/set:19%. So if I want to defend 60% of my range I have to call marginal here.

On the turn my equity drops dramatically vs Villain's equity, but most of his range now is draw type of hands/+ or weak pair.

BB: £9.85
      UTG: £9.21
      CO: £7.96
      Hero (BTN): £14.74
      SB: £12.61

SB posts SB £0.05, BB posts BB £0.10

Pre Flop: (£0.15) Hero has J:heart: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to £0.35, SB raises to £1.10, fold, Hero calls £0.75

Flop: (£2.30, 2 players) 5:spade: 3:heart: 5:diamond:
      SB bets £1.15, Hero raises to £3.00, SB calls £1.85

Turn: (£8.30, 2 players) A:club:
      SB bets £4.15, fold

Hero (CO): £10.00
      BTN: £17.68
      SB: £9.85
      BB: £20.13
      UTG: £12.15
      MP: £2.70

SB posts SB £0.05, BB posts BB £0.10

Pre Flop: (£0.15) Hero has J:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to £0.35, fold, SB raises to £1.10, fold, Hero calls £0.75

Flop: (£2.30, 2 players) 8:heart: 7:spade: 5:heart:
      SB bets £1.15, Hero calls £1.15

Turn: (£4.60, 2 players) 6:spade:
      SB bets £2.30, Hero raises to £7.75, SB calls £5.30...showed 9c7c

River: (£19.80, 2 players) 5:club:
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello asimos,

Why do you want to flat with all those dominated hands? Especially if the guy has fold to 4bet 100% -> why not just 4bet vs him that pick such lines as you did. Don't really like at all your play.

Hand #1 -> what you repping on the flop? You would rarely raise there with any PP.

Hand #2 -> why do you float the flop? worst flop I would say to float while that kind of board still hits his 3betting range rather than yours. He could have a lot of SCs in them. Raise the flop > call the flop if anything at all.

Best Regards.
    • asimos
      asimos
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello asimos,

Why do you want to flat with all those dominated hands? Especially if the guy has fold to 4bet 100% -> why not just 4bet vs him that pick such lines as you did. Don't really like at all your play.

If I want to not be exploited I have to defend approximately the 40% of my opening range from button which 14% of hands if I open a 35% range -I open more from button- (If Villain 3bet a polarized range 10% from blinds and have an 7% call range which make 17% total defense for him to not make profitable for him to 3bet any too vs me).

So if Villain 5bet/call 4bet with QQ+,AK for value (2.6%) and he 3bets 30% it is impossible for me to defend if I do not have an appropriate flatting range.

By choosing a 4-betting range, 10% of my openraising range, then I must defend 15-20% by flatting to get 35%-40% total. If this is the case what should my flatting range be?

Should I start 4bet the 30% best of my opening range (if I do not flat at all I have to defend only the 30%)? If I do not have a flatting range how am I going to take advantage of position??.

I agree that my hands are dominated, but Villain 3bets 30%. So KJ>K2s-KTs and I am behind only when he holds KQ,AK.

Let's say that Villain is a normal tag with sth like 10% 3bet from blinds with 60% fold to 4bet. How do you defend?

ps: sorry for my over-extended comments, but as you can see I really suck at 3bet pots, and pre-flop 3bet/4bet stuff. :f_cry:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If I want to not be exploited I have to defend approximately the 40% of my opening range from button which 14% of hands if I open a 35% range -I open more from button- (If Villain 3bet a polarized range 10% from blinds and have an 7% call range which make 17% total defense for him to not make profitable for him to 3bet any too vs me).

Exploit and NL10? Why do you have to defend? Why do you even take a look at those stats either how often he is folding or calling when you have only 169 hands? Those stats are never correct.

So if Villain 5bet/call 4bet with QQ+,AK for value (2.6%) and he 3bets 30% it is impossible for me to defend if I do not have an appropriate flatting range.

Once again, 30% is just for 169 hands! That's never-ever correct. And who was talking about never having a flatting range?

By choosing a 4-betting range, 10% of my openraising range, then I must defend 15-20% by flatting to get 35%-40% total. If this is the case what should my flatting range be?

Not going to take even a look into the math cause as I have said few times, you have only 169!!!! hands on him. 4bet is going to show HUGE profits rather than flatting. You are just practically letting him hit the board and especially if you don't know the opponent then flatting is really bad with those dominated hands.

Should I start 4bet the 30% best of my opening range (if I do not flat at all I have to defend only the 30%)?

Why should you start 4bet 30% of your range? :D We are adjusting our 4bet according the opponent, either how he adjust to them. Hard to say what exactly you should take if you don't even have enough of hands on him.

If I do not have a flatting range how am I going to take advantage of position??.

Who was talking not having a flatting range? Once again, we are adjusting accordingly the opponent and not just cause you see him 3betting for 169 hands 30% then he will always do that. Dynamics are very important in this part.

Let's say that Villain is a normal tag with sth like 10% 3bet from blinds with 60% fold to 4bet. How do you defend?

Depends once again, from where he is 3betting, is it position stat, what's his stack, how does he play postflop, what's his WTSD, what's his W$SD, what's his CB on flop & turn and many more factors.