Another noobie to the forum

• AltarEgo
      AltarEgo
      Bronze
      I'm 28 from Scotland and been grinding recently, but played solid for awhile about 4 years ago.

Looking to find my edge again, relearn that which I'd forgotten, learn that which is new and start making some dough.
  • 7 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well, welcome to the English community AltarEgo,

There have been many changes to the game over the years as we would expect [and hope], but, thankfully, there is also a lot more information to help us improve, especially on a site like this one. :s_cool:

Where in Scotland are you from bye the way, I grew up in Dundee about a thousand years ago, but I bet it's changed out of all recognition by now.

If you need anything just ask, meanwhile we'll see you on the forums.

Have fun, :)

Mal.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi AltarEgo!

Welcome to the community!!

What did you play before? Cashgames, MTT's, SnG's; HE, PLO... and at which stakes? Tell us a bit more about your past poker career! (yes we are nosey :f_biggrin: )

I'm sure you are in the perfect place to find your edge again! We have atricles, video's, live coachings and many other things that will help you to become the poker player you used to be and even better!!

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask them!

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      :s_cool: goodluck
    • AltarEgo
      AltarEgo
      Bronze
      That's funny, I lived near Dundee in Kirriemuir for over 10 years.

Dundee - i'm not so sure it's changed that much!!
    • AltarEgo
      AltarEgo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hi AltarEgo!

Welcome to the community!!

What did you play before? Cashgames, MTT's, SnG's; HE, PLO... and at which stakes? Tell us a bit more about your past poker career! (yes we are nosey :f_biggrin: )

I'm sure you are in the perfect place to find your edge again! We have atricles, video's, live coachings and many other things that will help you to become the poker player you used to be and even better!!

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask them!

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
      Chers for the welcome guys!

I used to play cash games/MTT's/SNGs all at low stakes (up to 0.25/0.50 when I was playing my best).

Won a $5k tourney for $1100 and came second in a $10k for $1700 - I was beaten by a higher flush in that one - killer)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey AltarEgo,

Thats some awesome results there! Are you following any type of BRM (Bankroll Managment) ? I wouldn't want you blowing away them profits now!

So whats going to be your main gametype from now on? From your recent results I'd take a guess at MTT's ? :f_biggrin:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome :f_biggrin: