BTN: $12.36 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 16
      SB: $11.66 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 86
      BB: $11.12 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 31, 3B: 15, AF: 5.0, Hands: 49
      UTG: $30.29 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 14, 3B: 13, AF: 6.0, Hands: 21
      MP: $6.02 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 13
      Hero (CO): $12.35 -

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with K :club: Q :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 9 :heart: J :club: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.65) Q :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

River: ($8.45) 2 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $6.92, Hero folds

I think stats are quite irrelevant for the hand.

I see his play consistent for sets/KT maybe AQ, QJ,QT(which I beat) and I don't find enough bluffs (if any JT/9T ?( ) to counterweight this.

Is the turn call ok if I plan on folding the river? IT is clear that he is going to barrel river with about all his value hands and Tx hands that he is playing this way but I don't think this is enough to justify a call on the river, thinking if it is to call on the turn.
  • 4 replies
    • JonikoP
      Give that he's bordering on being a maniac I have a very hard time folding trips with a good kicker here.
    • DeMarcohsp
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      Give that he's bordering on being a maniac I have a very hard time folding trips with a good kicker here.
      I see your point, but I think that 49 hands on ZOOM can only say us that he is almost certainly not a nit, he can easily turn out to be just a normal TAG after decent sample imo.
    • muel294
      Flop: I think going broke on the flop without knowing more about the opponent is out of the question.

So it is between checking back, b/call re-eval turn and b/f. I think checking back is the worse of the three options since we lose value form weaker pairs and draws.

I think I prefer b/call over b/f being IP, so we can control the size of the pot and get to showdown cheaper. I also think its possible that villain c/raises the flop with draws / combo draws etc

Turn: This obviously makes other Qx much less likey. So villain is more likely to have a range consisting of semi-bluffs and made hands sets and straights. I think this makes it a case for a WAWB situation.

As a result I would either fold the turn or call and call off any blank river.
    • veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Pretty sick board, especially he is capable of having a lot of pair+draw type of hands. So therefore I figure myself rather be inclined to either Call also the turn & river or just fold the turn.

You can never be sure what kind of outs are clean for you, he might already have something like QJ and then you have only few outs and therefore can't really Call with the implied odds. Therefore myself I'd be even towards just folding the turn, cause it doesn't really make sense for him to Bet it again while he can't represent much -> might be a sign that rather has the made hand. Or if we Called the turn, I'd also Call the river.

Best Regards.