News reporting mistakes

• mancikaa
      mancikaa
      Bronze
      Hey PokerStrategy,

I would like to write down some of my comments about the recent news reporting about the WPT Vienna.

You completly seemd to missed, that there werent only "2 PokerStrategists" playing at the end days of the main event, but your newest signed coach "Mutardet" was also playing, actually he final tabled and got 7th placed. Nowhere in the news not yesterday, not today...

Why I opened this thread is not neceserrily this, but that there is a big mistake in todays's news here http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Final-Table-Reached-at-WPT-Vienna_58564/

You write that Norbert Szecsi is a french player who came 16th on EPT Daueville this year. He is a Hungarian player and by the HendonMob he has only one cash (altho ist a nice result, he made 1st place in 2010 in the Campeonato Espana De Poker tournament in Malaga for 33k), and the 16th of this year EPT Deauville was Artem Litvinov. Whats really sad, that the hungarian community copied 1-to-1 the article and just translated it without checking it at all.
  • 4 replies
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Hi mancikaa

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.

On Norbert Szecsi, I believe there is some confusion here. There are in fact three Norbert Szecsis on the Hendon Mob database - one from Spain, one from France and one from Hungary.

The Norbert Szecsi at the final table was the French one I believe, at least according to the Hendon Mob - compare the pictures on the following two links:

WPT Bio - Norbert Szecsi
      Hendon Mob Database - Norbert Szecsi (you can see here that he did in fact finish 16th at EPT Deauville)

As for missing Mutardet, unfortunately yes we did let him slip through the net. I suppose it's testament to our community that we have so many PokerStrategy.com members and coaches making final tables we struggle to keep track!

Mutardet is in the news now as he deserves to be :D

Once again, thanks for your feedback and please don't hesitate to post again if you feel you've spotted a mistake.

Regards,
      Matt
    • mancikaa
      mancikaa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MJPerry
      On Norbert Szecsi, I believe there is some confusion here. There are in fact three Norbert Szecsis on the Hendon Mob database - one from Spain, one from France and one from Hungary.

The Norbert Szecsi at the final table was the French one I believe, at least according to the Hendon Mob - compare the pictures on the following two links:

WPT Bio - Norbert Szecsi
      Hendon Mob Database - Norbert Szecsi (you can see here that he did in fact finish 16th at EPT Deauville)
      Hi Matt, this is interesting. One thing is for sure: this Norbert Szecsi is from Hungary! I am also Hungarian and I know his name, and he was running as hungarian, here on the Montesino page it shows also: http://montesino.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1991%3Ader-strahlende-sieger&catid=25%3Amontesino-news&Itemid=121&lang=hu

But that seems to be right that there are several guys running on this name on HendonMob, so than I also have no idea whats wrong, but I understand that its hard to decide about someone who you dont know, which information is correct.
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mancikaa
      Hi Matt, this is interesting. One thing is for sure: this Norbert Szecsi is from Hungary! I am also Hungarian and I know his name, and he was running as hungarian, here on the Montesino page it shows also: http://montesino.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1991%3Ader-strahlende-sieger&catid=25%3Amontesino-news&Itemid=121&lang=hu

But that seems to be right that there are several guys running on this name on HendonMob, so than I also have no idea whats wrong, but I understand that its hard to decide about someone who you dont know, which information is correct.
      In that case, it might be that Hendon Mob has made a mistake and assigned a picture of the French Norbert to the Hungarian. I'll contact them and WPT and get to the bottom of it.

Thanks again!
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Hey mancikaa

I spoke to the Hendon Mob guys and they confirmed it is an error on their end, all three listed players are the same Hungarian player. They will fix this and I'll amend our news.

Thanks very much for spotting this one!