$4.00
      BU (Hero):
      $2.02
      SB:
      $1.77
      BB:
      $1.93

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, Hero calls $0.04, SB calls $0.03, BB calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.2) 8, 5, 8 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.06, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.25, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($0.76) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB calls $0.45.

River: ($1.66) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.66.
      Results follow:

SB shows a straight, eight high(8 7).
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and eights(T T).

SB wins with a straight, eight high(8 7).
  • 2 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Preflop- I would 3bet to around 18-20c as we are in position and hold a relatively strong hand. Calling isn't a mistake either though.

Flop- I like the reraise here and the sizing as we want to protect our over pair from draws and over cards.

Turn- We are in a tough spot here. I think we could always check here and try to induce a bluff on the river but bet/fold isn't a mistake either because his call on the flop often means he is drawing.

On the river, we don't beat much that will still call us so the check behind is a good option.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FlashDavin
      Preflop- I would 3bet to around 18-20c as we are in position and hold a relatively strong hand. Calling isn't a mistake either though.

Flop- I like the reraise here and the sizing as we want to protect our over pair from draws and over cards.

Turn- We are in a tough spot here. I think we could always check here and try to induce a bluff on the river but bet/fold isn't a mistake either because his call on the flop often means he is drawing.

On the river, we don't beat much that will still call us so the check behind is a good option.
      +1
      agree 3-betting pf and raising flop.
      I would prefer betting turn, since I want to get value out of 67, 77, 99, maybe worse pp-s and protect against some Ax hands, that he may easily b/c flop.
      River check is fine, since he would likely not call you down too many worse hands

best regards,