This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 - TT

• sebsejr
      sebsejr
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $2.02
      MP1:
      $1.23
      MP2:
      $0.94
      MP3:
      $1.84
      CO:
      $4.00
      BU (Hero):
      $2.02
      SB:
      $1.77
      BB:
      $1.93

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, Hero calls $0.04, SB calls $0.03, BB calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.2) 8, 5, 8 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.06, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.25, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($0.76) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB calls $0.45.

River: ($1.66) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.66.
      Results follow:

SB shows a straight, eight high(8 7).
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and eights(T T).

SB wins with a straight, eight high(8 7).
  • 2 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Preflop- I would 3bet to around 18-20c as we are in position and hold a relatively strong hand. Calling isn't a mistake either though.

Flop- I like the reraise here and the sizing as we want to protect our over pair from draws and over cards.

Turn- We are in a tough spot here. I think we could always check here and try to induce a bluff on the river but bet/fold isn't a mistake either because his call on the flop often means he is drawing.

On the river, we don't beat much that will still call us so the check behind is a good option.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FlashDavin
      Preflop- I would 3bet to around 18-20c as we are in position and hold a relatively strong hand. Calling isn't a mistake either though.

Flop- I like the reraise here and the sizing as we want to protect our over pair from draws and over cards.

Turn- We are in a tough spot here. I think we could always check here and try to induce a bluff on the river but bet/fold isn't a mistake either because his call on the flop often means he is drawing.

On the river, we don't beat much that will still call us so the check behind is a good option.
      +1
      agree 3-betting pf and raising flop.
      I would prefer betting turn, since I want to get value out of 67, 77, 99, maybe worse pp-s and protect against some Ax hands, that he may easily b/c flop.
      River check is fine, since he would likely not call you down too many worse hands

best regards,