BB defence according to SHC silver chart (SH play)

• tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      My general question is, do we still apply to BB defence chart, when we have limpers and raiser in the pot, or raiser and callers in the pot?

Do we still apply to BB defence chart, when there is a raiser and caller(s) in front?
      EXAMPLE:With the raise from BU we call with A4s according to chart, but SB allso called the raise

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, A.
      2 folds, Button raises, SB calls, Hero calls.

Do we still apply to BB defence chart, when there are limper(s) and raiser in front?
      EXAMPLE #1: According to chart we should call the raise from the SB with Q7o, but there were two limpers in front of the raiser. Call of fold?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, Q.
      UTG calls, MP calls, 2 folds, SB raises, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

EXAMPLE #2: According to chart we should 3-bet with KTo when the raise is from small blind, but there was a limper before the raiser. call or 3-bet?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, K.
      2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB raises, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.
  • 3 replies
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      If you think about example one logically, you were going to defend with A4s, so when SB calls you are actually getting even better odds to make the call. So easy call.

Example two is different. They are spots where the raisers hand is likely to be stronger because when limpers are already in the pot you are not open raising.
      In the Q7o hand a raise from the SB after 2 limpers (raising OOP with 2 people already in the pot) shows a lot of strength. Your hand doesn't play well multiway and suffers from reverse implied odds, so fold.
      The KTo is different because the button showed weakness by open limping, so the SB may be trying to isolate with a weaker than normal hand. I personally would be calling there unless I had a specific read on my opponents.

I'm not sure the chart can cover every situation because there are so many different factors.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerHammer
      If you think about example one logically, you were going to defend with A4s, so when SB calls you are actually getting even better odds to make the call. So easy call.

Example two is different. They are spots where the raisers hand is likely to be stronger because when limpers are already in the pot you are not open raising.
      In the Q7o hand a raise from the SB after 2 limpers (raising OOP with 2 people already in the pot) shows a lot of strength. Your hand doesn't play well multiway and suffers from reverse implied odds, so fold.
      The KTo is different because the button showed weakness by open limping, so the SB may be trying to isolate with a weaker than normal hand. I personally would be calling there unless I had a specific read on my opponents.

I'm not sure the chart can cover every situation because there are so many different factors.
      Nice post. :)

Generally I would go with the chart if your cards are suited or if they are offsuited but connected or if you hold a pocketpair. Offsuited cards which are not connected can be folded.

Your 3-betting range should be a bit tighter maybe 1 or 2 kickers. You shouldn't 3-bet small aces.

For more detailed question you can create samples and we will answer them. :)

1) Call.

2) Fold.

3) Call.
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      I saw A4s was a bit of a bad example, this one is allso easy call for me.

Thanks to PokerHammer, great explanations!

ciRith: will post some examples to sample hands section as soon as i ran into some preflop difficult decisions