My micro stakes SNG journey

• danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I've decided to start a blog in hope to keep me motivated and keep me aiming towards my monthly goals!

A little about myself I have been playing poker online for around 3-4 years now and have only ever played No limit holdem, i've messed around in all cash sng's and mtt's and i think i have found my home in SNG's and maybe in the future MT SNG's.

I've never really took poker all that seriously but this past month I have decided to make a real go of it, I've been watching countless video's and reading articles and such.

My current long term goals are to become a winning regular on the $15 games.

As for now I'm starting from the bottom I hadn't played in a long time and found I still had $50 in pokerstars from which I have turned into $128 so far from playing $1.50 turbo SNG's

I plan to soon be taking a shot at the $3.50's when my BR is around $175-200 I also understand that I am going to need 100BI's rather than the 50 i'm currently sticking to once I move up to the 7's and 15's

Will be setting my main goals at start of May but have set some goals for the rest of the current month.

:club: End of month goals: :club:

:spade: $175 BR to move up to $3.50's (current BR $204.73)
      :heart: Get silver status on pokerstars (254VPP's Needed)
      :diamond: Play 750 Games (232 Needed)

I will look to update blog and post graph and hand's i was unsure of regularly.

:diamond: Graph: :diamond:

• 18 replies
    • palante88
      palante88
      Bronze
      GL to you. i'll follow your blog ... I am playing STT turbo too, mayB we can discuss about it.

(friend request sent)
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Thanks friend request accepted, what limits are you currently playing at?
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Been a bit tilty lately so had Takeiteazy sweat a session, went well recovered a lot from my tilting this morning.
      Hopefully tomorrow I can continue to play good and build BR ready for the $3.50's!

:club: Overall for today: -$1.51

Thanks Takeiteazy was very helpful and gl on the $15's tomorrow :)
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Today went rather well until I got a bit distracted but then I picked my game back up again and ended a bit in profit.

Lesson for the day turn my phone off when playing!!

:club: Overall for today: +$6.16
      :club: Current BR: $129.94
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Few big mistakes I know I shouldn't have done at start of my session which cost me 3-4buyins but picked my game back up and played well.

Only a small session today as was very busy, hope to get in a big session tomorrow and with a stellar reward coming I hope to be hitting the $3.50's by next week!

:club: Overall for today: +$10.42
      :club: Current BR: $139.36

:club: Graph since starting the blog:

• danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Cards weren't falling in my favour today could have been a great day if they had.
      Oh well always tomorrow :) might start mixing in a few $3.50's tomorrow also will see how I am playing first.

:club: Overall for today: -$2.93
      :club: Current BR: $136.43
    • Takeiteazy
      Takeiteazy
      Bronze
      You're doing good mate, keep up the good work! Don't worry about the short-term results too much, that just happens! gl with the 3.50s
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      Nice start mate, good luck with moving up.

Do you play 6 or 9 max?
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 3prswins
      Nice start mate, good luck with moving up.

Do you play 6 or 9 max?
      Thanks, started trying a few $3.50's today not many yet but hopefully get a few more in before end of day!

I am playing 9max
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Well today I played my biggest session 71 games (15 $3.50's and 56 $1.50's)

I started to mix a few $3.50's in as my BR was just about big enough and they went really well, will be looking to move over to them completely by end of weekend.

Results for the day were also my best day yet!! Should also achieve all of my monthly goals easily after this session

Also have updated my all time graph in first post!

:club: Overall for today: +$68.30
      :club: Current BR: $204.73

:diamond: Graph for today: :diamond:

• palante88
      palante88
      Bronze
      wow really nice day for u ;)

Keep grinding ;)
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Thanks

ended up playing just $1.50's yesterday because I wanted to get on BOP leaderboard which I done but not as good as I wanted.
      Will prob throw up some $3.50's today

:club: Overall for yesterday: +$15.71
      :club: Current BR: $220.46
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Yesterday not so great on the $3.50's was running around breakeven.
      Got $10 stellar reward and $5 for BOP

:club: Overall for yesterday: -$8.79
      :club: Bonuses: +$15
      :club: Current BR: $226
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Been going pretty badly the past couple of days on the $3.50's

Have had to move back down to the $1.50's will build my way back up for another shot
    • Triddo
      Triddo
      Bronze
      congrats on the progress. will follow with interest. i just started playing a few weeks ago. learning heaps
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Havent posted in a while, had to drop back to the $1.5's but once i got back to $150 i decided to hit the $3.5's again

This time around played 67 and up around $30
      overall on the 3.5's = 200~ played -$15

Sure i can beat them in the long run without any problems, need to try stay on them to clear my reload bonus hopefully I don't have a bad run which forces me back to the 1.5's
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      I took a bit of a break from poker, but am well and truly back on the grind now!!

I was playing 9men before and took my shot at $3.50's which didn't go to bad but i decided i wanted to play some 18's and i like playing them MUCH more than 9mans

This is my success from my time at $1.50 both 9 and 18mans the last 400 games have been 18's:

This is my overall graph:

I have built my bankroll from $50 to around $360 so i will start playing the $3.50 from now on! I would love to hear from some of the 18man players maybe discuss things.

Would love to know what a realistic ROI is on these type of games are?
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Been getting as many games as I can in due to busy with other things still going pretty well.

Moved onto the $3.50 18mans and holding my own pretty well even though i feel like i'm having a lot of 70/30 80/20 and coins flips go against me.

Just looking for my bankroll to hold so I don't have to drop back to the $1.50's but I have some fpp's and stellar rewards to cash if that happens.

:diamond: Overall graph: :diamond:

:diamond: 18mans the last 100-125 or so are the $3.50's the rest are $1.50's: :diamond:

:club: Current BR: $420.05

I did a bit of looking and it seems the top guys on these type levels can manage 25-30% roi, however im guessing around 15-20% for myself should be achievable anyone care to comment?

I really need to start marking my hands for review and posting them up in the forum, I tried this is the past but with holdem manager i kept marking the hand just before lol

Well I think i will make this part of my goal for the next month to post so many hands etc

Overall I am pretty happy with how things are going built BR from $70 to $420 although its taken me a long time but am still learning the game so don't like to try multi-table to much until I am more confident!