Grasping at the Intangible Wisp

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Hello all,

I'm starting a blog to challenge myself. I have taken several shots at playing online seriously yet have always failed at following though. The average shot consists of me playing 3 winning sessions followed by a few days off and then a massive losing session throwing all profit and plenty of principal down the drain with it.

This has happened probubly 10 times with different games over a 4 year timespan. All the while I've played live poker profitably.

Since I've last played seriously I've gotten married, started a business, work full time, and am having a child. I figure now is my last time to put some cash on a site and actually build a bankroll. If this attempt fails it will never happen again. I will have too many strings pulling at my wallet.

So here is my plan. I have been drawn to Zoom on Stars. For some reason I was never drawn to Rush on FTP, but that might be because my online cash has never been fine tuned or studied. I have spent the last week studying and planning a very aggressive highly volatile playing style that promotes action. I cannot stand playing on regular pokerstars tables where everyone sits around at the smaller limits. With that said 6 max is where I'm going to play.

Volume wise I want to put in about 50k hands a month. I will start with NL5 and hopefully move up after 100k hands. I deposited 225 dollars to play NL5 and I will 4 table zoom. I assume 45 BI is enough to start, even with my highly volatile very aggressive strategy.

:diamond: The Goals :diamond:
      1) Play 25k hands by the end of April.
      2) Make no monetary goals
      3) Keep my aggression at a high level. When I let this slip I've traditionally let the rest of my game slip as well. I need to be in a warrior mindset if I'm ever going to succeed.

:club: Bankroll :club:
      $225.00 USD

I know its not cool anymore to show your bankroll. But I always find while reading blogs to guage how someone is doing bankroll wise because it reflects well on thier mindset depending on the stake they are playing.
  • 1 reply
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Hello all,

This will be my first update. Today was Sunday so I had plenty of time today to play. It was a crazy day. Heres the graph.

Hands : 8333 Net Won : 17.89 BB/100 : 4.29 EV Won : 90.45

As you can see for my first day I spent a lot of time fine tuning my aggression. I played better than I probubly ever have at a cash table online.

The EV won is sick. I lost some pretty brutal hands today. I'll have to figure out how to post hands. Too late tonight to figure it out. Needless to say I lost a 1 outter in a 600bb pot. had AsKx on a Ks Tc 6s 4s board and I got into a raising battle with a 50/40/20 guy pre and flop then on the turn we got all in. He was $15 dollars deep and I covered him. He showed AcTd and was drawing to a lonely Th which proceeded to spike like a haymaker to my face.

Aside from that hand most of the other stuff was standard. Sets against Aces and aces spike, sets vs fds and fds hit. I dont recall a day where I ran 14.25 BIs under EV before but I guess there is a first for everything.

I also cracked a $10 dollar Milestone bonus today which was nice.

:club: Bankroll :club:
      $255.01