This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Grasping at the Intangible Wisp

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Hello all,

I'm starting a blog to challenge myself. I have taken several shots at playing online seriously yet have always failed at following though. The average shot consists of me playing 3 winning sessions followed by a few days off and then a massive losing session throwing all profit and plenty of principal down the drain with it.

This has happened probubly 10 times with different games over a 4 year timespan. All the while I've played live poker profitably.

Since I've last played seriously I've gotten married, started a business, work full time, and am having a child. I figure now is my last time to put some cash on a site and actually build a bankroll. If this attempt fails it will never happen again. I will have too many strings pulling at my wallet.

So here is my plan. I have been drawn to Zoom on Stars. For some reason I was never drawn to Rush on FTP, but that might be because my online cash has never been fine tuned or studied. I have spent the last week studying and planning a very aggressive highly volatile playing style that promotes action. I cannot stand playing on regular pokerstars tables where everyone sits around at the smaller limits. With that said 6 max is where I'm going to play.

Volume wise I want to put in about 50k hands a month. I will start with NL5 and hopefully move up after 100k hands. I deposited 225 dollars to play NL5 and I will 4 table zoom. I assume 45 BI is enough to start, even with my highly volatile very aggressive strategy.

:diamond: The Goals :diamond:
      1) Play 25k hands by the end of April.
      2) Make no monetary goals
      3) Keep my aggression at a high level. When I let this slip I've traditionally let the rest of my game slip as well. I need to be in a warrior mindset if I'm ever going to succeed.

:club: Bankroll :club:
      $225.00 USD

I know its not cool anymore to show your bankroll. But I always find while reading blogs to guage how someone is doing bankroll wise because it reflects well on thier mindset depending on the stake they are playing.
  • 1 reply
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Hello all,

This will be my first update. Today was Sunday so I had plenty of time today to play. It was a crazy day. Heres the graph.

Hands : 8333 Net Won : 17.89 BB/100 : 4.29 EV Won : 90.45

As you can see for my first day I spent a lot of time fine tuning my aggression. I played better than I probubly ever have at a cash table online.

The EV won is sick. I lost some pretty brutal hands today. I'll have to figure out how to post hands. Too late tonight to figure it out. Needless to say I lost a 1 outter in a 600bb pot. had AsKx on a Ks Tc 6s 4s board and I got into a raising battle with a 50/40/20 guy pre and flop then on the turn we got all in. He was $15 dollars deep and I covered him. He showed AcTd and was drawing to a lonely Th which proceeded to spike like a haymaker to my face.

Aside from that hand most of the other stuff was standard. Sets against Aces and aces spike, sets vs fds and fds hit. I dont recall a day where I ran 14.25 BIs under EV before but I guess there is a first for everything.

I also cracked a $10 dollar Milestone bonus today which was nice.

:club: Bankroll :club:
      $255.01