[NL2-NL10] Kq

• FruitNinja
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, K.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) 9, Q, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.31, BB calls $0.31.

Turn: ($0.94) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, BB raises to $1.30, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.39.

Looking at it now I think of still calling turn...should I?
  • 4 replies
    • FlashDavin
      #1 always play with full stack (again :f_biggrin: )

Preflop- Nice raise sizing as you are in a later position I don't mind it being 3BB only.

Flop- I make my c-bet a bit smaller. The board is relatively dry with not too many draws here. Around 2/3 size of pot might be better here.

Turn- I think he is making semi bluff with a diamond + gutshot draw here or something. You are most likely ahead here still. Depending on opponent I might get it all in here on the turn. You have top two pairs and are only beat by JT (which the 8 does not change at all) and combos of 88 and 99 (he should 3bet QQ or KK here).

All in all, I think turn fold is too weak and I probably ship it with top two pair.
    • FruitNinja
      Hi FlashDavin,

Have seen you've reviewed most of hands I posted yesterday, thanks for the comments! GG!
    • veriz
      Hello FruitNinja,

Add to full stack.

About the flop most likely you could Cb a bit smaller and then on the turn just get it in. There are a lot worse hands in their range and not only those what beat you and while there even ain't that many of them.

Best Regards.
    • Spungeh
      @FlashDavin.. What do you mean you dont mind it being 3bb only? 3x is the standard raise.. you should only really ever open to 3bb at this stage of playing poker.. ?

Flop - bet smaller, hes only calling with Kx hands otherwise, and you want more Qx Ax Kx etc hands to call.. smaller PPs.. Draws all to call, and hes not really getting the odds to do that.. So bet around .15-20c

Turn - he c/r which could show strength.. but he has TJ such a small amount of time, he could be doing this with AA, PPs, Kx, Qx.. allot of hands you beat.. should be getting it in here..

Its definetly not a call, you either shove or fold.. but im never folding in this situation. so shove.