Problem with check/fold hotkey

• Luupainaja
      Luupainaja
      Bronze
      Hey!

There used to be a hotkey for folding or checking if possible, now today its all wrong and when i use my check/fold hotkey its just insta mucks my hand in situations where its possible to check.

Its f**** tilting to just muck your hand postflop where you want to check behind and you forgot that there's smth wrong with hotkeys ?(

Anyone else?
  • 5 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I believe there's a setting in the stars client for "Check if possible when chosing fold.", but I don't have the client on hand to find it for you, I'll have a look though and get back to you.

Regards,
      Richard
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      For now, the solution I have found is as follows, Without having the client onhand, I'm not sure whether it's possible within the PokerStars client itself to change this setting.

Find the pokerstars folder -> open user.ini

Near bottom of the file there is:
      [DontShowDialog]
      delete the line Checkisfree=x
      And the next time you're in a situation where you are able to check but click fold, it'll ask "do you want to check instead?" and you can check a box saying "Always do this", which means the fold quick-key should let you check.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
      Richard
    • Luupainaja
      Luupainaja
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answer.

All i can see in this file is:
      [Options]
      Locale=0
      SingleClick=1

[Installer]
      DownloadDate=2012-02-20T21:07:54+02:00
      InstallDate=2012-02-20T21:17:14+02:00

[themes]
      0=xblack@pokerstars.com
      fffe=black@pokerstars.com

And the next time you're in a situation where you are able to check but click fold, it'll ask "do you want to check instead?" and you can check a box saying "Always do this", which means the fold quick-key should let you check.
      I did this when i started to use hotkeys while back, but after yesterdays update it wont ask me that anymore and just mucks in situations where i can check.
    • Luupainaja
      Luupainaja
      Bronze
      Ok i got it now.

You have to go to pokerstars client Help tab and click on the Open My Settings Folder and delete that line from user.ini file there.

It works now.

Thanks!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Glad to hear it worked out!