[NL2-NL10] Nl4 1010

• acetbfish
      The villain is a reg (not good though) and is playing with stats 18/5 (I don't remember exactly his 3bet stat but it was close to 0) at about 60 hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, T.
      Hero raises to $0.12, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.12, 2 folds, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.38) K, 2, 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.38) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.24, CO calls $0.24, BB folds.

River: ($0.86) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.64

Can I call his river bet?Also,should I have cbet the flop?
  • 2 replies
    • DrDunne
      interesting hand. not sure why you didn't cbet the flop? it's pretty dry and a K is only a small part of the range. they will likely call your cbet with any trashy pocket pair so you could be getting some value there although probably not much. they will either fold air or call with some crappy pair/some Kx hand.

it's strange hand but he's probably pretty strong here on the river. i doubt he is doing that with anything you beat given the play, so best to give up.

also i doubt preflop stats will be too helpful here. VPIP:18 is pretty standard/on the tight side for SH as far as i know but postflop stats would be useful. either way, he's pretty passive by the looks of it and he is coming alive - alarm bells ring.
    • veriz
      Hello acetbfish,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

CB the flop and protect your hand than Check it and give it up. But otherwise I would just fold it on the river without even knowing much about him.

Best Regards.