[NL20-NL50] Nl50sh KQo

• jachis
      Villain is a 25/19 reg, utg open 21%, AF 3,2/1,2/1,8 and he was down a lot at this session and I was 3betting him a bunch cause he called a lot and rarely 4betted. Raises cbet in 3bet pot 25% (2/8).

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($66.02)
      UTG+1 ($18.69)
      hero (CO) ($135)
      BTN ($56.93)
      SB ($57.90)
      BB ($14.36)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) hero is CO K:spade: Q:club:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 1 fold, hero raises to $4.50, 3 folds, UTG calls $3

Flop: 4:diamond: 7:heart: K:club: ($9.75, 2 players)
      UTG checks, hero bets $5, UTG raises to $13, hero calls $8

Turn: 9:diamond: ($35.75, 2 players)
      UTG bets $18, hero calls $18

River: 5:spade: ($71.75, 2 players)
      UTG bets $30.52, hero calls $30.52

Since I expect him to 4bet AK pre, and fold at least 22-55 pre, the only hand I expect to be beat by is 77 on the flop. And since we had some dynamics going on with multistreet bluffs I think he will continue betting the turn. His turn AF is only 1.2 but that didnt influence my descision much cause I thought he was on tilt.
  • 4 replies
    • getdotacom
      He could call AK sometimes because you're a little bit deeper, but anyways you can't fold it postflop and you played only way it could be played. c/r that flop is really fishy, but as you said, he's on tilt :) I'd fold it preflop, hate 3betting offsuit hands, especially vs utg.
    • KillerFishes

you're really folding KQo against 21% open from UTG IP? :O

Jachis: Tbh, I'd much rather call than 3bet ... I think we loose a lot of
      Even though he called and rarely 4betted ... Esp., if you have been already 3bing him a lot ... You don't want him to adjust and 4bet light, right?

Just seems better to kind of balance this 3bing and calling range :) I'd 3bet him now just with monsters for few orbitals so he will not adjust ;) We can't be really sure he will call UTG with QJ,KJ, hands ... but he's deffo calling AQ,AK ... if you see my point :)

• getdotacom
      I didn't saw his utg open, kinda weird he's playing 25/19 and opening so much from utg. Usually 25/19 guys open that much from MP, I guess he's tight on BU then or something. But anyways, I fold KQo even vs 21%. We're CO, not BU, that increases chance to get squeezed or overcalled and we lose our position. Also KQo is hard to play even IP when you get a lot of action postflop.
    • veriz
      Hello jachis,

Preflop: What about opponents behind you? Any of them squeeze-happy? I might not even 3bet in first place if you have been doing that very often. But of course such players are main targets who call loose being OOP and vs the 3bets and never 4bet.

As played
      Postflop: And with your reads that he raises CBs 25% in 3bet pots there is not much to do, especially if he also calls loose you down and might even have worse Kx hands. Plus for the given reasons you pointed out about tilt.

Best Regards.