[NL20-NL50] Nl50sh ATo

• jachis
      Villain is 20/18 reg, steal sb 38%, fold to resteal 100% (5/5), cbet 68%, fold cbet to raise 66% (2/3) AF 4/1,1/1,3, WTSD 24%;

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($72.07)
      CO ($28)
      BTN ($11.25)
      SB ($113)
      hero (BB) ($61.09)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 5 players) hero is BB 10:heart: A:club:
      3 folds, SB raises to $1.50, hero calls $1

Flop: J:diamond: 4:club: 6:club: ($3, 2 players)
      SB bets $2.25, hero raises to $7, SB calls $4.75

Turn: 2:spade: ($17, 2 players)
      SB checks, hero bets $11, SB calls $11

River: 10:club: ($39, 2 players)
      SB bets $12,hero goes all-in $41.59

I decided to raise the flop, cause I expected him to miss this flop quite a lot given his wide SB stealing range and barrel many turns cause I think its hard for him to continue here with much. He might peel the flop with 77-TT, some Jx hands and some FD's.
      So I think that a lot of his flop calling range should fold on turn. When he calls the turn, I think its either Jx or FD.
      His river donk seems to me like a blocking bet and I only expext to get called by flushes if he can donk to induce, which I dont know and I'm not even sure a reg could have a FD here since ch/c the turn with a FD oop seems quite a bad play here.
  • 2 replies
    • getdotacom
      Flop raise definitely is fine - we have bd nut fd and runner runner str8. On the turn we should check it back because we didn't pick up any additional equity and it's total blank, he's not folding Jx here. We can sometimes bluffcatch blank river when he bets his busted draws. As played, on river I think it's not a blocking bet. It's kinda small value bet with flush or induce, I'd fold most likely.

P.S. You say reg couldn't have flush here, yeah it's true most likely, only few 1pair+fd combos. But can you ? Depends how you play fds IP, I wouldn't raise flop with any fd in my range on this board.
    • veriz
      Hello jachis,

Preflop: Guess you could play both ways, especially if he folds so often to re-steals then why not just 3bet it and win the pot right away?

As played
      Flop: With some backdoors I wouldn't mind even the raising here, good board for us to represent something while he can't rep much.
      Turn: Although I don't get the point of 2nd barreling after he Calls you, rather Check behind without any extra add-on equity.

As played
      River: Fold it, not worth even risking after our line. Not sure if you would even be 2nd barreling with FDs anyways? :) But meanwhile he could even have Jc:X.

Best Regards.